Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Preferred electronics

If you had a choice which one would you choose? I was told that the clarity was not as good on the Garmins, is this true?
    What does 1 do that the other does not?
    Why do you think one is better than the other?
    93sv and a102sv Garmin w/panoptics and a Ultrex 24v
    or
    2 Helix 10's, 1side imaging, 1 down imaging, Mega360 and a Ultrex 24v
    Thanks

2. Member
    My opinion is that the Humminbird units have the best side image and down image technology and are going to pair up the best with the ultrex. Garmin definitely has something with the panoptics but I’m not sure the rest of their tech is on par with the others. The Garmin trolling motor has been getting some praise but is still relatively new to the market. All of today’s units do well with the 2D. Mapping is a matter of what areas you fish and what maps cover those areas the best.
    Like I said, my opinion, I’m a humminbird user.... but anyone who has fished with me has been impressed by the images I get from my system and many have converted after.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    I have used all three in the past 5 years. I currently run two Lowrance and a stand alone Livescope. I agree with a lot of people that Hummingbird does side and down really well. Livescope is obviously the best in that category. Lowrance is a great all around product.

If one wants Livescope, I would do all Garmin, as their other imaging has improved greatly. If not, I would go Lowrance simply because I do not like the user experience of Hummingbird. The navigation on a Lowrance is much better for my brain.

4. Member
    Lowrance is best for waypoint managment IMO, Birds have the best imaging and I am comfortable with them and can navigate them well, garmin has livescope yes, If I had to pick one or the other I would get 360 first. Finding and seeing the structure is easier with 360, seeing the fish on that structure and how they react to baits is easier with LS.

Well I ordered Lowrance for my next boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Huminbird best in SI/DI – Poor Navigation system – spend a ton of money on adapters, maps and extras - good customer service

Lowrance middle of the road and best for the price – poor customer service

Garmin Best Navigation system – best 2D image – Livescope – best coastal maps and now has Navionics included with many maps - good customer service

Depending on how and where you fish each will do better than the other

If you spend most of your time at the console trolling or looking for fish go with HB
    If you spend most of your time at the bow fishing structure HB or Lowrance
    If you fish open water after schooling fish or smallmouth Garmin or HB
    If you make long runs on big water Garmin before HB

Waypoint management – Lowrance and Garmin – HB’s waypoint management is a joke
    "The handicapped angler"

I’ve had them all at one point or another. I’ve gone all Garmin. My reason is reliability, ease of use and great customer service if you ever need it. Garmin is also leading in technology. The other two are trying to catch up. My second choice would be Hummingbird.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,