Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    You forgot

6) "Most likely to have a beer 'fridge"!
    Lol I’m assuming 1-4 makes your number 6 highly likely!

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Thank God! After all the immigrants read this study we won't even need a wall.

hell after reading that i may want to move
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

3. Member
    Maybe they should include tax rate in that. Number might change.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    "statistical facts."

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Agendas and special interests drive the criteria, and thus the results. If those of us that put higher values on the principles our country was founded on, our rankings would look much different.

6. Member
    That is a completely bogus Study, our country is so big and diverse that you could be either at the top or bottom of that list depending on where you are. Raising a family in the middle of Montana is a lot different than raising a family in New york city.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Interesting? Then why in the hell is everyone in the world trying to come to the USA.
    Lots of freebies and if you ever get in trouble you could always leave and come back in a few years with a new ID

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Interesting? Then why in the hell is everyone in the world trying to come to the USA.
    My guess is the free money and tax breaks for immigrants to do so. This and the illusion that it's better to live here than elsewhere in the world

9. Member
    Well, hookers are legal in a lot of those countries, so that would add to the happiness factor.

10. Member
    Shocked at some of these replies and ill leave it at that

Some bs on there but if you think guns are that important to raise a family you better look deeper than that.
    school systems are behind to most 1st world countries. Teachers are really really underpaid

It’s all nearly as bad as our lovely healthcare. Sucks but it’s true. We pay 1k a month for two kids 3 days a week and that’s “cheap”.
    Before school care “1 hour max” and after school care “3 hours max“ we will be paying $625 for 3 days a week for two kids.

11. Member
    What a bunch of bull. We wouldn’t have to build walls and constantly deport illegals if it was so bad here. It’s still the greatest nation in earth. And everyone knows it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerKiller View Post
    What a bunch of bull. We wouldn’t have to build walls and constantly deport illegals if it was so bad here. It’s still the greatest nation in earth. And everyone knows it.
    Do they? The last 10 years I disagree. Walls won’t help anything and how is the wall build going that was promised 3.5 years ago? ��

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    Do they? The last 10 years I disagree. Walls won’t help anything and how is the wall build going that was promised 3.5 years ago? ��
    I believe these fellas do appreciate your way of thinking lol. https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=95iy2_1595035664

Shocked at some of these replies and ill leave it at that

Some bs on there but if you think guns are that important to raise a family you better look deeper than that.
    school systems are behind to most 1st world countries. Teachers are really really underpaid

It’s all nearly as bad as our lovely healthcare. Sucks but it’s true. We pay 1k a month for two kids 3 days a week and that’s “cheap”.
    Before school care “1 hour max” and after school care “3 hours max“ we will be paying $625 for 3 days a week for two kids.

I have a response to your post, but I guarantee you wouldn’t like it.

15. Member
    Not sure how accurate but feels pretty on point from a few other people I know in other countries

https://www.asherfergusson.com/raising-a-family-index/
    Am I missing something? I fail to see any African countries mentioned in best or worst. Maybe I read over the list too quickly.
    How about the Carribean?
    I must have read this wrong.

Hi Dan....

16. Member
    Portland....

17. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    written by travel journalists.................fact checking would be required deeply or this is deemed VERY subjective and in the end, someone's opinion

Unfortunately, that's how things are communicated nowadays. Most people read the headline, and the facts are in paragraph 14. Also, need to look who writes these things. For example, Yahoo.com headlines stories written by someone who is simply documenting their personal opinion/agenda.
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

No where else in this world I would rather live than the US. I've enjoyed traveling to other countries and loved the experience but have yet to find anywhere better than the U.S. to call home. We have our flaws but so does everywhere else.

19. Member
    I guess it all depends on what things are most important to you. I realize that the USA is not perfect, but I would still much rather live here than any other country, and I would imagine that most people living elsewhere feel the same way about their countries.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    No where else in this world would rather live than the US. I've enjoyed traveling to other countries and loved the experience but have yet to find anywhere better than the U.S. to call home. We have our flaws but so does everywhere else.
    Amen. SIL said we’re supposed to be the greatest country on earth as she was ranting about something I won’t go into. I asked her if she thought the US was the best country on earth. She replied no. Which I asked so if it’s not the US, where is it and why? She just looked at me confused and quit talking. Take in mind this is a person that looks up to “celebrities and influencers” for knowledge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast