Anyone else having this issue with the Charge

I had my batteries die on me a couple of times when i was fishing and i figured why. When i plug in the charge it doesn't start changing my batteries right away theirs a time delay. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours before it will charge my batteries.

John

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    shouldnt take 24 hours before starting to charge your batteries , give Power Pole a call they will take care of you. should start charging soon as plugged in mine are charged from pretty low to full in about 8 to 10 hours. depending how low i brought them

3. Member
    Mine starts charging right away.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    shouldnt take 24 hours before starting to charge your batteries , give Power Pole a call they will take care of you. should start charging soon as plugged in mine are charged from pretty low to full in about 8 to 10 hours. depending how low i brought them
    That why i started this post in hoping to show them other people are having the same problem instead of arguing like we have the last couple of weeks. Beside the delay before it start charging my batteries i was happy with it but after dealing with support i'm getting close to solving my problem with a sledge hammer.

John

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
    Mine starts charging right away.
    Thanks for replying rockmike

John

6. Member
    Interesting, I had an issue with batteries, I spoke with Power-Pole and found them to be very good to deal with. Even thought they could not confirm the batteries were causing problems they said they would send me a new unit just in case. They were fast and very through.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    Interesting, I had an issue with batteries, I spoke with Power-Pole and found them to be very good to deal with. Even thought they could not confirm the batteries were causing problems they said they would send me a new unit just in case. They were fast and very through.
    Power Pole has by far the best customer service in the business.. never heard of them arguing with a customer. quite the opposite, they give away the farm if need be to make a customer happy.

8. Member
    Power pole has the worst customer service i give you an example the last time i dealt with them
    In a tournament two 16" fishfinders and a 10" fishfinder, livescope, aerator pump, pump in pump, running the trolling motor in 2 to 4 mph current for o hrs. Only time i used the big motor was to start the drift over. At the end of the day ran the main motor to get back to the boat ramp and weighin. Customer service said the reason my batteries didn't charge because they were at a 100% and running the main motor for 10 minutes is all i need to do to charge my batteries to 100%. Show them sceen images from the app of my batteries needed to be charged and that i was plugged in with ac up to 20 hours after i plugged it in. They said the app is no good and you can't believe what it says. I asked to deal with someone else and the new person keep saying them same thing. Couldn't answer why my batteries would run out of power when i'm fishing because the charge is working great.
    I give up dealing with them my lithium batteries are having issues and not working now so i removed the Charge.
    The big question now is do i take a sledge hammer to it and say goodbye to the $2000 that it cost to buy or take it to a power pole dealer and have them deal with it.

John

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBass13 View Post
    Power pole has the worst customer service i give you an example the last time i dealt with them
    In a tournament two 16" fishfinders and a 10" fishfinder, livescope, aerator pump, pump in pump, running the trolling motor in 2 to 4 mph current for o hrs. Only time i used the big motor was to start the drift over. At the end of the day ran the main motor to get back to the boat ramp and weighin. Customer service said the reason my batteries didn't charge because they were at a 100% and running the main motor for 10 minutes is all i need to do to charge my batteries to 100%. Show them sceen images from the app of my batteries needed to be charged and that i was plugged in with ac up to 20 hours after i plugged it in. They said the app is no good and you can't believe what it says. I asked to deal with someone else and the new person keep saying them same thing. Couldn't answer why my batteries would run out of power when i'm fishing because the charge is working great.
    I give up dealing with them my lithium batteries are having issues and not working now so i removed the Charge.
    The big question now is do i take a sledge hammer to it and say goodbye to the $2000 that it cost to buy or take it to a power pole dealer and have them deal with it.

John
    Give Pirate Cove Marina a call (613) 258-2325 and ask for Brett. Top notch guy, really knows his stuff has great contacts and they are PP authorized. They installed my Charge and know what they are doing. Our you can call Power-Pole and ask for Nate Bond. He was the tech I was working with. Was very helpful
    Nathaniel Bond
    nbond@power-pole.com
    Risen From The Ashes!!

10. Member
    Mine starts charging right away, I'm running Lithiums too. I've found their customer service top notch. Like above and beyond in an unheard of way.

Curious what brand lithiums you have?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBass13 View Post

John
    have never heard of one person that would say or agree power Pole has the "worst customer service" and why did you pay 2k for a charge retail is only 1299.99 .. if you do decide to take a sledge hammer to it you might wanna put that video on you tube bet you could get more then your money back in paid views.. on a serious note try calling back to power pole I think you will find there customer service outstanding , if the person who helped you was as you say I can guarantee they no longer work there. however I know everyone in sales and technical support and thats not the way they treat customers at all. Honestly id lean with powerpole and say it might be a battery problem and not a charge issue. My personal one starts charging right away and ive had zero issues with it works as advertised. other then some issues with the app itself all of my customers have been more then pleased with its performance. If you want you can give me a call and I would be happy to work with you and powerpole to get this straightned out even though I didnt not sell you your CHARGE im more then willing to help in any way.
    UPDATE.. since I posted this I spoke with Power Pole they told me they have been in communication with you for a week now and have a Brand new CHARGE unit headed your way.. Are you aware of that?
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 08-20-2020 at 05:49 PM.

12. Member
    Yes I'm aware that a new charge is on the way. Power pole called me in morning. We had a good talk and agreed to leave things that happen since Aug 6 to now in the past and start over and work together to solve the issue. I have to give them credit by the end of the phone call we had a solution to the problem.
    Thank you kandkkustomz for your offer to help but i don't need it anymore because as far as I'm concern the issue is solved.
    In Canada $2000 including tax and shipping is a good price.
    James_az I'm using lithiumpros the issue was with the charger and not the batteries because i have the same results when i use it on agm batteries. Lithiumpros have the charge as a recommended charger for there batteries.

John

13. Member
    Once you get it working that'll be a sweet set up. I'm running relions. (3)X100AH plus cranker. I run 4 graphs (one livescope), I do nothing to conserve energy. On our bigger lakes I can run a whole weekend without pluggin in. After an 8+ hour day it doesn't take long to top them off, like 4 to 5 hours. I use to drag one of those little honda generators around with me, no more.