Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Was up there last weekend .. fished very little just out riding with the girlfriend..
    when I was riding around.. was marking all kinds if fish.. from 12-50ft ranges ..
    what was crazy in the main channel.. seeing fish down deep... in that 80-100 ft ..ledges ..
    but those SM can be on those spots one minute then gone the next .. all about timing ...
    and. Water temp...76 deg

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

2. Member
    We must have picked the 2 worst days this summer to fish on it (st lawrence): the tropical storm was skirting the coast, so we had a washout with cool temps (lower 60's) the first day, and strong winds the next.

We're decent fisherman, but even resorting to crawlers yielded nothing. And my Humminbird Mega saw maybe 6 fish in a 3-mile stretch.

3. Member
    The weather up there can really screw up your fishing. Best to do is stay mobile and trailer to different places.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    We must have picked the 2 worst days this summer to fish on it (st lawrence): the tropical storm was skirting the coast, so we had a washout with cool temps (lower 60's) the first day, and strong winds the next.

We're decent fisherman, but even resorting to crawlers yielded nothing. And my Humminbird Mega saw maybe 6 fish in a 3-mile stretch.
    No it's just been such a weird year.I was up there for 3 weeks and it went from absolutely incredible to crap in a week for smallmouth.the weather just got so hot and dry so fast it just scattered them and shut them down.i spent 3 or 4 days strictly Largemouth fishing and it was honestly the time of my life. My hands literally hurt afterwards. But it was crazy to go from seeing 100s of smallmouth up shallow cruising to not a single fish in a week.plus 90% of your most productive water is on the Canadian side.i was determined to learn the u.s. side better and I did....and realized I missed Canadian waters alot

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    No it's just been such a weird year.I was up there for 3 weeks and it went from absolutely incredible to crap in a week for smallmouth.the weather just got so hot and dry so fast it just scattered them and shut them down.i spent 3 or 4 days strictly Largemouth fishing and it was honestly the time of my life. My hands literally hurt afterwards. But it was crazy to go from seeing 100s of smallmouth up shallow cruising to not a single fish in a week.plus 90% of your most productive water is on the Canadian side.i was determined to learn the u.s. side better and I did....and realized I missed Canadian waters alot
    was it the last week of june??

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    was it the last week of june??
    No 2nd week of july

7. Member
    What going with Oneida lake .. same thing slow .. and 76.. go deep .. shallow...����

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

8. Member
    Water was 83 degrees for a month and a half

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    on our trip back down along the river we saw a few good-looking tributaries that flow to the St L river and wondered if we would have been better off fishing those from kayaks. A lot of lilly pads in them.

10. Member
    One tournament on Oneida lake yesterday ... heard .. 4.38 pounds won...

Mercury Pro Team

250 Opti Max Pro XS

11. Member
    Arcadia Bass Anglers ran a tournament on Oneida on the 22nd

1st 15.07
    2nd 14.94
    3rd 13.77

Lunker 5.25
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    had a buddy up there yesterday (oneida) had little over 16 pounds for his best 5 dropshotting in one specific spot all day bout 18 feet.. caught prob 30 fish.

13. Member
    Saratoga lake has been absolutely horrific. August fishing makes me want to throw in the towel!

14. Member
    Not going to put the lake on blast but I was up fishing in the central Adirondacks this past weekend and caught them pretty good. 5hrs of fishing with 15 bass to show, best 5 was just over 14lbs which on that lake only takes 12-13lbs to win a club event
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    Went to Cayuga this past Saturday and we rode the struggle bus big time! Marked fish but had a tough time getting them to commit. The weeds don’t seem as good as other years I’ve been there, I’m sure due to the weather. Spoke to some other guys there and they said they struggled just the same. Guess that was our deciding factor on saving our money and not fishing the Cashion Rods tournament this weekend.

16. Member
    My 4 yr old did pretty well on Saratoga yesterday with a drop shot. HAHA- weeds are like I have never seen before along the northern shoreline, and tons of surface weeds from the cutters... Hang in there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12