things that happen on the way back from the launch.....

Out on the River before the heat this morning the XP is running like a champ.
    Some tweakin on the plate, and I may not be the fastest, but I bet I burn more gas....

Here is a neat story, On the way back to Motel I drive by a boat trailer company.

Having my 285 on a galvanized trailer I said to myself I wonder if they will sell stuff to the public?
    So I roll in, and like me..."How ya'll doing"?, and get chatting to an employee about getting a new winch, and maybe a set of bunk boards to help straighten her out better while loading.

A sales guy shows up, and says leave it with us, and we'll call ya when it's done.....
    Sitting at the motel curiosity got me, and I went back an hour later, and glad I did...

I walk into this huge factory building, and my boat is hanging on chains from the ceiling, and the trailer is gonzo....
    I strolled through the shop looking at beautiful tandom trailers, triple axle trailers etc....In total awww

Finally came across mine with a guy working on her, he said the boss told him to make this trailer fit like a glove to that bass boat!

There was a a whole new winch stand, with heavy duty winch, strap the whole gammit, the keel rollars were reolaced with pads, the was load guides, and a second set of bunks a bit shorter than the originals....

The guy leaves, and returns driving a fork lift rig with my boat hanging on straps from the forks, lowers it onto the trailer, and adjusts everything to fit....

Now I'm thinking Good Lord what is this gonna cost?? Hoping I had room on a well used credit card....

I said this to the guy, and he laughs then says it won't be what your thinking we put togeather dozens of these things a day.

Anyway the secretary waves me over saying the bill is done.....I swallow hard, and follow her into the office.

She hands me the bill, and apologizes for having to charge me more on a few things because they needed to rob parts off a new trailer....

I look at the Bill, and my eyes near popped out when I see taxes, labor, parts, etc. For a grand total of $430 Bucks!

I felt like Johnnie Cash in "one piece at a time" he says " I just went up to the factory it's cheaper that way".....

All the Sales guy said was there is no way you can hit that trailer she won't line up....don't gunner just slide on slow or you'll be in the back of.your truck.

Quite a day indeed....

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.

That is one of those things that never happens, post the info and send them some business.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

Quote Originally Posted by ELGIN View Post
    That is one of those things that never happens, post the info and send them some business.
    Precisely what I was thinking......they certainly did me a solid.

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.