Mixing Marine tex white & gray?

Can you mix the white marine tex and the gray together to make it lighter? I've used the white before to repair damage from the previous owner - he loved beaching on a concrete ramp without a keel saver.

I used a ramp last weekend that I hadn't used before & found something submerged out in front of a that drug down the side of the boat and made it through the color layer of my gelcoat. My hull is light gray, so I had bought gray marine tex, but this stuff is near black. Going to stand out like a sore thumb.

I could buy the white and mix them, or should I regroup and get something more like the evercoat small repair kits? West Marine says they will be 2-3 weeks out on delivery. Amazon has some, but the reviews are spotty.

Also, the repairs are going to be applied to near inverted portions of the hull - i know the marine tex will apply and hold there just fine without being a pain in the butt.

Or, do I just realize my boat is no trailer queen and use what I have so it'll be ready this weekend?

Next boat is getting a gator-hull/gorilla-hull.

Shouldn’t be a problem. Go for it.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

3. Member
    I've mixed the 2 and had no problems at all.

I used it even mix on the inside of me gunnel and I have a hard time finding it now and my boat is very white .

5. Member
    Tint the white with a tiny dab of Evercoat black tinting agent and you’ll get the exact grey. Takes a VERY tiny amount.