Fuse Size - Blue Sea Fuse Box

Finally got around to running dedicated lines for my graphs etc. Everything but my Helix 7 on the console has an in-line fuse at the unit with appropriate size fuse. 7 doesn’t since it connects right into the fuse box under the console. Should I match the units in-line fuse size or go bigger?

Setup is 8g from the battery into a 30A breaker/switch a few inches from the battery. 8g from the breaker into fuse box at console. Two 10g lines (Garmin 102 and GLS10) and one 12g (Helix 10 - ran out of 10g) from the fuse box up to the bow. Lines are tied into an 8 circuit terminal block at the bow.

Thanks all

I removed the in-line fuse from my graphs when I added the dedicated fuse block. No need to fuse it twice.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I removed the in-line fuse from my graphs when I added the dedicated fuse block. No need to fuse it twice.

I’ve read people doing that and that double fusing doesn’t hurt them either. I left them on so I didn’t have to crimp more connectors.

From my understanding the recommended fuse at the unit protects the unit and the fuses at the box protects the wiring so they can be larger. Just not sure if that’s correct or how large.

4. Member
    I’ve left the inline fuse holders in place with a 20 amp fuse in them on some of my installs. I then use the proper size fuse for the graph in the fuse block. By doing this you don’t have to check both fuses and if you sell a unit the cable is still original.