Thread: Stern Saver

Stern Saver

Thinking of getting one of these instead of drilling holes in my transom. Any feedback on these who have used them? Thanks! www.sternsaver.com

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I've never used them, but have seen them (or similar) on tacklewarehouse. Looks like a smart idea!

Other option for not drilling into transom is if you have a jack plate and can mount on the bottom holeshot plate if it has one. Or https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/ which mounts on side of jack plates.

Only concern with the stick on, is that the glue might wear off over time, but then again they have really perfected adhesives. Good luck
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

3. Member
    The one's I've seen and liked more are like 8" x 3" and use 2 bolts to attach to the transom. Just silicone those bolts real good and can screw multiple things into the board and not worry about extra holes. Then if you remove something you don't have to worry about sealing holes

4. Member
    If you have a jack plate then you need to check out www.premiersonar.com/. He's a forum sponsor. Like you I didn't want to drill any holes in my hull or jack plate and I found his product here on the forum. I purchased one and installed it yesterday morning. Easy install and the transducer just bolted on.

I don’t think I have bolts or screws in mine ( glass boat) Stern Saver has a small piece you cement on to the transom. After it cures the larger square piece has a round hole in the center. You apply the cement and slip it over the small round piece that you cemented on the day before. Tape it down and let it set 24 hours. Then mount the transducer.

6. Member
    A big thanks to all that replied! Appreciate the responses! Going to check out all options that were recommended!

7. Member
    The 1 that I used just has 3M VHB tape and has held for over a year of abuse now.

8. Member
    I’ve used stern saver on several boats. It’s easy to attach and works very well.

I have one on my Ranger and its been good so far no problems

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    The 1 that I used just has 3M VHB tape and has held for over a year of abuse now.
    Same here - mine's been great - I got it off Amazon for about $40 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11. Member
    My stern saver has worked very well so far. Couple years now

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    There are several great options outs there....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I’ve used a Stern Saver and was very happy with it. The only thing to worry about: make sure you put it where you want it. I don’t see any way to remove it without tearing off a layer of gel coat.