A big thank you to all the small and custom bait companies

Companies like Megabass and Strike King will always have a big part in bass fishing, but some of the best baits can’t be found on Tackle Warehouse or at BPS. One example is Brovarney Baits, which make the best 1/4 oz swim jig out there in my opinion. I have some spinnerbaits from Tru-Trac Lures (another small bait company) that I’ve had a lot of success with. They have a lot of great colors but I’ve done well on two in particular. I was able to send Brovarney Baits two spinnerbaits and had them custom make a dozen swim jigs to match the spinnerbait colors. However, I love their living rubber skirts so much that I asked them to swap out some of the silicone skirt material for the living rubber. I wound up with a dozen swim jigs that look great and that no one else has. Good luck getting a large bait company to do that for you. From great crankbait makers to specialty jig makers and many, many more, I just want to say thanks.

If anyone has a small bait company that they’d like to give a shout out to, please list them. Let’s keep these guys in business so they can continue to provide us with great products.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have that 1/4oz jig on my rod right now! Not the color, but it’s definitely the same head. Someone in here made them and I bought something like 40 that he had made. I will check them out, thanks!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    My favorite thing about going to the East TN fishing show each year in Knoxville is the booths of the small companies where the guy standing there made most of what you are looking at.

4. Member
    Delta lures out of Louisiana are some great guys to buy from.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

I love hunting out and collecting from crankbait makers. Wood bait nation on facebook has cost me a lot of money but man there's some cool stuff on there.

6. Member

Moe Joe in Bama makes a lot of my stuff. His jigs are impeccable, tied not a rubber band. He is on FB —- Moe Joe jigs and spinners. You can see a small sample on his FB page

Tell him I sent ya.

8. Member
    Bad boy jigs.com. Mark is a member here & makes a great jig. I make my own plastics so I guess Kings. Mtn. Customs for those.

Board sponsor A.C.T Lures.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    https://spotsticker.com/ Need to try their mini-me's and jigs.

I buy most of my jigs from Siebert Outdoors. Best I've found.

https://siebertoutdoors.com/

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Jewel Bait Company, started in the garage, and now celebrating 30 yrs of building tackle in the USA!

Yes, I work there so i am a little biased, but I used our Jigs LONG before I started working here. Always looking to innovate and not duplicate. Plus we own our OWN manufacturing company which is very rare, most companies use someone else to make their products they simply just sell them. We design, machine, mold, paint, assemble, package all right here in our facility in Midway, Arkansas. We can have an idea at 7 a.m. and have a prototype to take to the lake by lunch.

It is such a fun business to be in!
    Last edited by VexusEarl; 08-12-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    https://spotsticker.com/ Need to try their mini-me's and jigs.

Bill Dee’s old company. Mini Me, was throwing a TJ special (Named for Troy Jens) on Wilson. Killed the Smallies

14. Member
    2kjigs.com made in michigan and hand tied and covers all the bases,takes a lot of my money.. look for the freak and deposit swim jig and the power ned heads- no more sissy sticks

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VexusEarl View Post
    Jewel Bait Company, started in the garage, and now celebrating 30 yrs of building tackle in the USA!

Yes, I work there so i am a little biased, but I used our Jigs LONG before I started working here. Always looking to innovate and not duplicate. Plus we own our OWN manufacturing company which is very rare, most companies use someone else to make their products they simply just sell them. We design, machine, mold, paint, assemble, package all right here in our facility in Midway, Arkansas. We can have an idea at 7 a.m. and have a prototype to take to the lake by lunch.

It is such a fun business to be in!
    That is awesome!! I’d love to work in the fishing industry since it’s a passion. Cool that you guys do the whole process yourselves. Keep up the great work!