Thread: Hot foot?

Hot foot?

I repowered my 98 518 DVS with a 20 175 Pro xs. I had an older TH Marine Hotfoot and dealer said he could not adjust it anymore to get me over 94%. I had to hook up another cable to my hand control and I'm at 100% throttle now. I would like to have a hot foot back. What hot foot would y'all recommend me buying that has the ability to adjust for full throttle do the new pro xs? I heard from Mercury that some TH Marine hot foots can only get up to 94%. I need 100% to get the RPMs i need. Suggestions?

2. Member
    If you could find a used Land & Sea foot throttle I would look into that. I've had one on my boats for over the last 20 years. I've moved it from boat to boat. I recently saw one on Ebay.

3. Banned
    +1 for land and sea I'm not a hot foot fan the land and sea allows you to use both controls used the hand in mine most the time when I had it.

A die grinder and about 10 minutes time you can modify it for enough travel, lengthen the slot where the roller travels, and be sure to back out both stops the be sure they are not limiting it, most people miss the one for idle position, then reset the motor end to match. holding it gently wide run the wide open stop back in to make contact to prevent overstressing components
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Is there a video or More detailed instructions? I guess the motor would need to put back on the computer to reset?

6. Member
    If you do modify the travel make sure you stop it right at 100% (WOT). My L & S foot throttle didn't have a stop and when I first put it on my Ficht and went to full throttle the computer in the engine CPU was fooled into thinking that I was at more than 100% throttle and would go into limp mode. We put it on the computer at the shop and sure enough the computer (through the OBD II) was showing 102% throttle. My mechanic put a bolt through the base that stopped the pedal just at 100%. No problems in the 20 years since.

7. Member
    Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbw1968 View Post
    I repowered my 98 518 DVS with a 20 175 Pro xs. I had an older TH Marine Hotfoot and dealer said he could not adjust it anymore to get me over 94%. I had to hook up another cable to my hand control and I'm at 100% throttle now. I would like to have a hot foot back. What hot foot would y'all recommend me buying that has the ability to adjust for full throttle do the new pro xs? I heard from Mercury that some TH Marine hot foots can only get up to 94%. I need 100% to get the RPMs i need. Suggestions?
    You need the Top Load Hot Foot with a gen 1 cable, which is approximately two feet longer than other hot foots.
    Garmin Pro Team