Appreciate some Input

I debated on whether to post anything in a form like this because my situation is a little personal and I'm a typical guy who doesn't share this type of stuff often. However, I suppose we should share our needs with our christian brothers and seek their prayers and wisdom. So, here it goes: My wife divorced me about 12 years ago. She had some medical & psychological issues and decided she didn't want to be married anymore. Over the course of about six months she moved out, quit attending our marriage counseling and filed for divorce. I haven't seen or heard from her since. In the meantime, I never put forth much effort into dating. I went out a few times, but nothing felt right. I even prayed that my ex would reconnect and try to reconcile if it was God's will. I finally quit trying to find someone and prayed that God would bring someone into my life it it was meant to happen. About six months ago I met an amazing christian lady that has so much common with me that it is a little scary. She is a widow, loves the Lord, has a great family and is simply a wonderful person. The way we met (by chance) and how things have progressed between us has been miraculous. I find myself caring deeply for her and wondering if marriage could be in our future. However, I want to be sure that we are not violating God's principles of marriage, divorce and remarriage. I have read the scriptures, including I Corinthians that relates to abandonment (which definitely applies to my situation).

I would appreciate any insight, thoughts, experiences any of you may have in similar situations. Also, please pray that God will give us wisdom and guidance. Thanks.

2. Member
    You are not violating anything about God with the details you have provided in the post. If yall want to get married, get married and enjoy life together.

3. Member
    Seems like your prayers have been answered with this amazing christian lady. Quit leaning on your own understanding and get busy being happy. Praying for you both and your happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    You are not violating anything about God with the details you have provided in the post. If yall want to get married, get married and enjoy life together.
    This, be thankful for your blessing and keep praying for His will.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Banned
    Good luck Robert, it sounds like you are on the right path!

6. Member
    Thanks for comments guys. God bless.

7. Member
    Robert,
    Since you did not in no way break your marriage covenant, and she was unwilling to take care of herself and work on with you in mending your marriage, base on what you have shared with us,
    I do not see where you could have violated the contract you made before GOD. I do pray that this lady enriches your life with all the blessing that GOD has brought in my life with my wife, since we seem to share a very similar story.
    May GOD bless you both, and may your lives be filled with much joy and love.