Panoptix Livescope mounting

Have any of you all mounted a Panoptix Livescope box? Mounting it up in the bow would be easy, but it would need to be zip-tied to the rod tubes. I'm worried that it will come loose in rough water. I hate to drill holes in the starboard locker, but that may be the best place for it.

2. Member
    There is someone that mounted the black box on the bottom side of the bow plate. I have a couple pictures if you want me to text them to you? I’m planning on installing mine either to the bow plate or in the bow zip tied to the rod tubes.

I have mine zip ties to the rod tubes in my bow on my Ranger. I put some electrical tape over the zip ties so they won’t slide off the tubes. That has worked well so far.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Thank you Randy. Good to hear you have had success mounted that way in your Ranger. I will send you a PM with my cell number.

4. Member
    Hey Randy, please post pictures! I really want to see what you’ve done, thanks

5. Member
    I have a Ranger and I mounted mine with zip ties to the rod tubes in the bow. I mounted the GLS10 to a piece of cutting board that is slightly larger than the box and drilled holes in the cutting board to run the zip ties through. It's been 4-5 months and no movement.

6. Member
    I was going to mount my Panoptix box to the back of the front plate, but decided against it for now. After a couple of weeks, the box is still secure to the rod tubes and everything is working perfectly. Here are a couple of pics. Instead of drilling another hole in the trolling motor recess tray and installing a cable cover, I routed the Panoptix transducer cable through the bow plate and into the nose to connect to the box.

2.jpg 1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (545.2 KB, 102 views)
    Last edited by Bahala; 08-31-2020 at 02:03 PM.

7. Member
    How easy was it to remove the front panel to do the install?
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

8. Member
    It was easy. There are six or eight screws that hold it in place. My boat came with flush mounted graphs, so I didn't have to cut a hole in the fiberglass to access the rod tubes and wiring.