Finally Got my Force 50 Trolling Motor----Install HELP

Well guys need some advice. I finally got my TM and I finished installing all of my electronics, except LiveScope, on my new AVX1980 and I am chomping at the bit to get it on the water fully operational. I bought it blank so it had no graphs or trolling motor. My question is the location of the TM base on the bow.
    1) How much of an overhang on the front should there be?
    2) How far from the outside of the gunnel should the right rear corner of the base be?

Any advice or pictures would be appreciated.

2. Member
    1) I think any trolling motor is supposed to overhang just enough for correct clearance when deployed and no more.

I can't help with the rest.

3. Member
    Thanks buddy. I am just cautious and dont want to drill holes in a brand new boat and drill them in the wrong place. I am thinking that I could mount the base right at the tip of the bow so that when the motor is deployed in just hangs right in from of the tip of the bow.

Put down masking tape over the entire area your working on. Put the trolling motor base were you think it should be and Mark the holes. Make sure the prop doesn’t contact the boat coming and going when being deployed. Make sure the TM sits inside the gunnel when stowed. Measure 2 or 3 times to maybe sure it’s perfect. This way you only drill once. Having said that if you screw up the holes they will never be seen. Good luck with your project.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Make sure its far enough past the edge so that the shaft wont hit the boat when you hit something. Get some overhead pics of other similar boats to see where it sits and yours will be the same

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector