Thread: Big 12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big 12

Voted to move forward with football this fall. Giving the SEC and ACC the green light to follow.

Does anyone think the Big 10 and Pac 12 might change their tune if all the other conferences play?

2. Member
    This is all a mess. Some conferences chose not to play. Others will likely choose to play. But the question remains when those that want to play be allowed to play?

Today’s Omaha Weird Harold

Article goes on to state that Nebraska thought the Big 10 was a perfect fit for them——— turns out the conference was tougher then they thought.

4. Member
    Unfortunately these schools are making a killing off of athletes, especially football players. The Big 12 is basically saying they value that money more than players and fans safety.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kindlel View Post
    Unfortunately these schools are making a killing off of athletes, especially football players. The Big 12 is basically saying they value that money more than players and fans safety.
    If by "making a killing" you mean funding operations such that the university doesn't have to dramatically scale back the quality of the programs offered, then yeah...they're making a killing. Football and men's basketball are the only two sports in DI that produce money so that the other sports can continue to operate. There are a handful of schools that have endowment sufficient to support themselves football or not - but they're in the minority. Regardless of playing this season or not, it's going to be a bust financially. The 2024 college/university landscape will be much different than it is today.

-b-

Still scared huh? Saw the local high school team on the field practicing last night and it made me smile. Schools are back in session and life goes on, can't hide from this chit forever.

7. Member
    If this stuff is here to stay are we supposed to cancel everything? Universities won’t make it without their money making sports revenues.

8. Member
    Players are most likely much safer in a controlled environment playing football tho.....

9. Member
    Agree the season will be a bust financially, I believe it is crazy that football players carry all the weight of these big athletic programs for a "free" education when they are responsible for 50x the value of that education per season.

10. Member
    I mean if you want to use the word scared, cool. However I prefer to listen to medical professionals over politicians when it comes this stuff, and instead of being a selfish tough guy I like to take necessary precautions for fellow Americans. Appears to me that MLB cant even function with unlimited resources, and you think CFB will go over well? If people would've listened this crap would've been gone a long time ago.

Hopefully a Sooner vs Cornhusker game during Thanksgiving Weekend Again...

12. Banned
    I mean if you want to use the word scared, cool. However I prefer to listen to medical professionals over politicians when it comes this stuff, and instead of being a selfish tough guy I like to take necessary precautions for fellow Americans. Appears to me that MLB cant even function with unlimited resources, and you think CFB will go over well? If people would've listened this crap would've been gone a long time ago.
    Listen to who? The so called professional that contradicts himself every time he speaks?

College football can go on safely they will just have to bubble the players for the season. The NBA has done it no reason why College football can't.

13. Banned
    Common sense would eliminate football or anything that would be detrimental to halting the spread of the virus. If you look at the mentality of the USA these days it would not surprise me if they do allow it like they have allowed the lawless riots, robbing and looting of people/businesses to support the "lives" of those involved in this sickness.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Listen to who? The so called professional that contradicts himself every time he speaks?

College football can go on safely they will just have to bubble the players for the season. The NBA has done it no reason why College football can't.
    Any doctor across the state of Oklahoma, except for those that don't believe in vaccinating children.....

CFB will never bubble their players, I wish they would because its going to be a long fall without CFB. Its funny the BIG 10 cancels when their states have a better hold on the virus than BIG 12 and SEC regions.

15. Member
    You guys do realize colleges are more than just football factories well at least some of them. I think the ones that are scared are the ones that are afraid to follow the CDC guidelines its all fake news till someone you know or love is on a respirator and you cant even get into the hospital to see them. You cant ask college kids to bubble, they dont even get paid to play why in the hell would they want to live in a bubble just so they can play football on the weekends. If college football is your top priority right now as a college you should probably just shut the doors and tap out because you have lost sight of the big picture to keep the students safe.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Hopefully a Sooner vs Cornhusker game during Thanksgiving Weekend Again...

Ah those were the days,,,,,, sitting in the in-laws house ( Omaha) cheering on the Sooners

17. Member
    10 million people contracted Tuberculosis and 1.5 million people died in 2019 world wide and we live with it, PLAY BALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    10 million people contracted Tuberculosis and 1.5 million people died in 2019 world wide and we live with it, PLAY BALL!!!!
    Exactly, 650k Americans die every year from preventable heart disease and I still see long lines at white castle, 5 guys, burger king, McDonald's, rally's etc. No boycotting of the businesses selling the artery clogging garbage killing so many people.

19. Member
    Big 12 - Men walking tall and not being controlled by a bunch of pansies

big 10 and pac 10= bunch of wusses who are scared, but other than Ohio St. We already knew that anyway and none of them had a chance at a natty anyway

SEC and ACC - we shall see

I’m thinking an SEC, Big 12, ACC season sounds pretty good. Everyone knew the Big 10 and the PAC 12 would cancel for obvious reasons I won’t go into on here. Get rid of the NCAA and start a super conference. Tell the others see ya later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast