Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    The sport is overgrown, way too many tournaments on many bodies of water....

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeAgain View Post
    This is always a conflicted point for me.. I love what fishing did for my life, and I do think that people could benefit a lot mentally from this hobby... I also think people deserve to enjoy it as much as anyone else.

But damn bro every launch on Guntersville is full everyday. Good spots have boats literally lined up waiting for their turn to fish it. Great spots will have boats literally come next to you and fish the same point/hump/grass clump. A huge portion of the fish you catch here have damage from poor handling. You can only be the first to a single spot on the lake, otherwise someone has already fished it that day. The lake gets absolutely hammered.
    We have the same problem on our waters and I wouldn't mind if it was less crowded. I guess I just have a hard time with people who have the "Now that I'm in the club let's lock the doors so no one else can get in" attitude. Fishing has been the only escape a lot of people have had this year. It's hard to begrudge others what we have. I'm even more patient with the jet skis and wake boats this year.

3. Member
    Will the "hate" never end?

I’ll add to my comments, I’ve always been an MLF/BPT fan, and didn’t even mind the 1lb dink fest in the first year. You had to laugh however at how a bunch of career traditional tourney anglers went overnight to pushing the MLF fishcare narrative and condemning any other approach. Very poor “marketing” as someone called it...when your audience is mainly a bunch of traditional tourney anglers.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    True...but the hypocrisy of a narrative laid on like molasses in the beginning days of the other league is hard to ignore. It’s no wonder they rubbed a
    lot of people the wrong way with the constant livewell/fish care bashing they so arrogantly conveyed. Glass houses and stones comes to mind.
    Exactly!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    I tell you what he sure does occupy space in A LOT of peoples heads.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

7. Member
    Boyd will never win here!

8. Banned
    Too many get their panties in a wad over Boyd and lots of other things. Hopefully they will all grow up one day.

9. Member
    When these guys say "grow the sport" what they want is more people involved so they can sell more product.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    When these guys say "grow the sport" what they want is more people involved so they can sell more product.
    Yes or just that we have kids and we want them involved in fishing vs doing other things.

11. Member
    I hope Boyd wins!

12. Member
    Body’s ok with me it’s his fishing poles that suck .

13. Member
    One thing he did that's a real gamble, I think is risky is to unhook the fish on the front deck vs down in the floor of the cockpit area. I've even seen some guys unhook a fish outside the boat's gunnel, which is foolish for the $$ they are fishing for. Better to be careful than sorry.

these tournaments should add on board filleting of the fish and the angler with the lowest amount of time to fillet a limit gets 2 pounds added to their weight for the day. then they can enjoy a fish fry after weigh in. sponsored by martha white corn meal of course.
    Ranger Forever

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Grow the sport, not that shit again. You obviously didn't read the thread about parking between the lines or all the threads mentioning all the traffic on the water daily. The sport has grown enough!!
    Did you hear about the new lake in Florida? It's a secret but they put a million bass in there and they've never seen a lure.

16. Member
    With all the format changes it looks like Boyd has finally got them right where he wants them.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I’ll add to my comments, I’ve always been an MLF/BPT fan, and didn’t even mind the 1lb dink fest in the first year. You had to laugh however at how a bunch of career traditional tourney anglers went overnight to pushing the MLF fishcare narrative and condemning any other approach. Very poor “marketing” as someone called it...when your audience is mainly a bunch of traditional tourney anglers.
    #1 being Edwin Evers

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy671 View Post
    Just saw him
    1. Use a net
    2. Flop him on the carpet
    3. Put fish in a livewell
    Shame, shame, shame.
    He should put them fish in a cooler, then turn off the camera and put them in the livewell. It would make for some fun reading on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I thought he was running for an elected office... He'll fit right in... Dan
    You had to go and turn this otherwise calm and innocent post into a political event! LOL!

20. Member
    The grow the sport mantra, used by the MLF fam, is a veiled statement meaning we need more money. I get it, but don’t act like it is anything other than that. If they truly wanted to grow the sport the would establish a grassroots footprint, develop a conservation program, contribute and give back to fisheries. Restocking programs, rebuilding habitat and providing a voice for anglers in fighting access, grass or carp issues.

These are all expenses with little to no return on investment. This is why its unlikely you’ll ever see MLF ever sincerely try to grow the sport.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast