Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Headwaters in felsmere

Saw that they opened the ramp , anyone been there , details on parking , and running the lake ?

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1075288

Here ya go. but good luck getting there now. This guy just couldn't help himself, already told the whole country.

3. Member
    Yup... Everyone from near and far in the southeast U.S. will wear that place out within the year.
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    Stopped by the ramp yesterday to check it out while driving back south from a job. Ramp looks nice, decent amount of parking, at least 12 boats out on a hot Tuesday afternoon.

5. Member
    Yep. I don't get it unless he just wanted to brag about his catch.

6. Banned
    There are only 30 boat/trailer parking slots. That guy in the video is a real putz.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I hate that dirt road! It’s a heck of a drive for me so have fun with that place. It’s impossible to keep that place a secret, the FWC is pushing that place pretty hard.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    I was there yesterday. Got there around 0510 and there were 4 boats there then it started picking up around 0545. Ramp is nice, 2 lanes just needs to be lit. Saw one guy back his boat into the concrete divider. We came off the water about 1230 and of course FWC met us at the ramp to ask about our catches. Parking lot wasn't full, but it was only a Wednesday... Good luck on a weekend. My two young sons and I caught 30 all together. 5-8 was our biggest. Its an awesome fishery that they have constructed. I was surprised to find 20ft holes and ledges right off of shallow hydrilla areas. Worst part was the road obviously, as what was a clean boat is now trashed. However, I will definitely go back.
    David Tervin
    2014 Ranger Z521C / Evinrude 250 ETEC HO
    Lakeland, FL

9. Member
    Was there opening morning and have been fishing it for the last 2 years. Let me first say it should be a world class fishery, but, and its a big but. The FWC is in control and they are the most incompetent, corrupt agency in our state. I'll start with the ramp which is 5 years late in being open. Opening morning show up and they have the gate locked, for what unknown reason other than causing chaos, they had everyone drive down 3 miles to the StickMarsh parking to turn around and come back and line up. There were around 35 or so boats lined up when they finally unlocked the stupid gate. Now you got a line of boaters flowing into a two lane ramp, which by the way the entire parking lot and ramp area has no lights, zero. The ramps are pretty narrow and have a high concrete curb running on the sides all the way down to the water. Needless to say if a person has bad backing up skills they will struggle, which many did with the no lights. And that is not what disgusted me the most, as I mentioned I've been fishing it hard the last couple years in a canoe, so I know what it was like before the grand opening, the last trip was a few months ago before it got stupid hot. Well when we finally get in and with the sun starting to come up we instantly notice the water quality, its bad, it has like 6-8" visibility, pretty much just like the Stick Marsh. Mind you, the water before was so gin clear it was like an aquarium, so after running to all our usual good spots we noticed the entire reservoir was this way, from the east berm to the west berm and all the way south in the enhanced areas. It had been nuked, there was dead and yellow stalks of hydrilla all over. so if this is the way they are going to manage it, this will be as good as it gets, it will deteriorate just like all our other great fisheries under their control. Its a shame if that happens because its an awesome place. It fishes big with all the cover and structure, we have caught many great fish over the last couple years. Good luck if you go.

10. Banned
    Manatee Mauler's new shirt. I think I will get one too!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Manatee Mauler's new shirt. I think I will get one too!
    I'm in for one.
    Brad Krone

i used to fish the stick marsh alot back when i lived in north Broward. Now that i live in south dade. I have not been there in 20 something years. I hated the road going there. I do remember that they graded the road once. But i perfer Okeechobee since it is alot closer.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Member
    Like anything New and Reports of Fish Biting, it will be a Mad House fro a few months.

14. Banned
    Had a buddy go by the ramp this morning, he said a 0700, there were still open parking slots.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    i used to fish the stick marsh alot back when i lived in north Broward. Now that i live in south dade. I have not been there in 20 something years. I hated the road going there. I do remember that they graded the road once. But i perfer Okeechobee since it is alot closer.
    The road still sucks.....

16. Member
    If open spots are being advertised, is that considered promoting people to launch their boat and fish this place?

Asking for a friend, because I thought encouraging people to fish it was bad
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    If open spots are being advertised, is that considered promoting people to launch their boat and fish this place?

Asking for a friend, because I thought encouraging people to fish it was bad
    LOL, it is.....but only if they are from Oxford..LOL

18. Member
    LOL, it is.....but only if they are from Oxford..LOL
    This is great news for me, then!
    The way I’m hearing it is that since I’m a transplant, I’m not actually from Oxford.

Looks like I’m headed to Fellsmere, y’all!!
    -David Daye

19. Banned
    I would suggest going on a week day. Have fun.

20. Member
    I would suggest going on a week day. Have fun.
    For sure! I’m a stay at home dad for now, and our son is in pre-k, so I get to fish after I drop him off. It’s not ideal to get on the road to the lake at 8am instead of getting there at daylight, but at least I get to fish
    -David Daye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast