Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixermark View Post
    As a liberal who occasionally listens to talk radio to learn what the other side is thinking, my main concern about the modern Republican Party is that some really important ideas on fiscal conservatism and international relations are getting lost in the abortion, LGBTQ, BLM, etc etc “culture war”.

It’s interesting to me how many conservatives aren’t bothered by Putin and Russian involvement in American politics and social media, when it’s pretty clear there are some long range strategic goals involved on Mr. Putin’s part.
    I will agree that there are very few fiscal conservatives left on either side. But on the abortion deal. One of our founding documents states that you have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. How can a person have liberty and the pursuit of happiness if they are killed first?

2. Member
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I will agree that there are very few fiscal conservatives left on either side. But on the abortion deal. One of our founding documents states that you have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. How can a person have liberty and the pursuit of happiness if they are killed first?
    I’m not saying those issues aren’t important, but I feel as if we (on both sides) consistently elect people based on how well they preach to their choir on culture war issues. As a nation, we have bigger fish to fry than domestic culture war agendas, from either side. We are too short sighted, politically, and don’t often enough ask the hard questions to those we support.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixermark View Post
    As a liberal who occasionally listens to talk radio to learn what the other side is thinking, my main concern about the modern Republican Party is that some really important ideas on fiscal conservatism and international relations are getting lost in the abortion, LGBTQ, BLM, etc etc “culture war”.

It’s interesting to me how many conservatives aren’t bothered by Putin and Russian involvement in American politics and social media, when it’s pretty clear there are some long range strategic goals involved on Mr. Putin’s part.
    I would have never guessed by your posts that you are a liberal...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123