Thread: where to go

where to go

trying to decide where to go this weekend. between dripping spring McGee or sardis. anyone doing any good on one of these lakes?

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Man, I think I would pick McGee myself. But it’s been a long while since I’ve been there. Everything is brutal right now. A lake with numbers may be your best option. Don’t go to eufaula lol I rode the struggle bus this weekend and cut a check with 12 freakin pounds. Sept lull in August

3. Member
    my thinking to. may get into some schoolers on McGee. just wanting to go somewhere different then my home lake.

4. Member
    Thinking of hitting Ft. Gibson in the next few days.
    I have not fished it in quite some time.

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Gibson has been pretty good this year but with all the normal tourney lake they are tough right now. Fish are just in a funk I believe. All these weird weather changes and the fish are in transition early

6. Banned
    SIL and BIl are in town for a few days he said they have been catching some schoolers on Broken bow in the mornings south of bear creek.

7. Member
    was at broken bow last weekend but without the boat. went and floated the river below dam.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal74848 View Post
    was at broken bow last weekend but without the boat. went and floated the river below dam.
    How did you float it? Kayak? John boat?
    Are there any outfitter services for car shuttles etc?
    I would like to try it down there sometime.

9. Member
    Thunder boomers look done here in Tulsa.
    But they are headed to Ft. Gibson for another 4 hours according to futurecast.
    Might try and get on the water just after for a few hours.

10. Member
    Bearetta - kayak. 12 of us rented single kayaks. The outfitter has everything and takes you there and pick you up at take out. Do shorter one (4 miles) versus longer one (8miles). Second half kinda boring for me. Where water shoes rocks are slippery. Outfitter is river rats. Approx 30 dollars for it a person

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal74848 View Post
    Bearetta - kayak. 12 of us rented single kayaks. The outfitter has everything and takes you there and pick you up at take out. Do shorter one (4 miles) versus longer one (8miles). Second half kinda boring for me. Where water shoes rocks are slippery. Outfitter is river rats. Approx 30 dollars for it a person
    Nice to know. Cheap too compared to what we paid in Arkansas on the King’s River for Kayaks.
    Did you fish any or just float?

12. Member
    strictly fun kayaking. some minor Rapids and a small waterfall (3ft). shallow and cold also. if you bring children they have to wear life jacket. we saw a game ranger on river. quite a few people.