25" LH(CCR) TM1 Gear Case Options

I'm running a 25" TM1. Love it but my boat leans heavily to port requiring 50% deployment of the port tab which scrubs 5 mph from my speed. I've had enough and want to swap out the gearcase for a LH version. I was told when I purchased the 250 ProXS new that a LH TM1 was not available. Is that true? What are my options - TM or otherwise? Thanks!
    250 Pro XS, Model# 1250P83BD. S/N 2B231534

This may just reverse your problem to the the opposite side. Motor heights, propeller types and trim angle play a big part in the issue you are having as well as how the load is balanced
    If you are running a 3 blade prop, try a four blade, may very well solve this issue, Might post this on the PROPS forum, Michael 21XDC has a lot of knowledge on prop selection and may be able help you out with out replacing the lower unit
    Last edited by lpugh; 08-11-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If this is a single engine application- the only options were the Gen-2 TM or a Verado-Style Gearcase.

The gearcase (alone) should NOT cause your boat to lean to port. The cast-in torque tab merely cancels out much of the right-hand torque caused by the propeller.

Can you post a couple pictures of your boat, taken from behind the boat with the engine trimmed DOWN? Curious to see the setup...

If all is well, a Verado-style gearcase will eliminate the torque-tab.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor