warning continues to beep with key on engine off

Hi
    250 Optimax, Model1250P73HD, Serial # 1B541204

The warning continues to beep beyond the first beep when you turn the boat on but the engine is off. To be clear I am not referring to a continuous tone. It just keeps beeping. If I start the motor it still continues to beep. To be totally transparent I did not have this problem before I put a new rigging kit on it. In other words I had to disconnect everything from the boat to the motor and then reconnect it. I checked the oil reservoir on the motor it look fine but I put oil in it until it overflowed. I checked my connections and I think all is well. Two things I did notice when I put it on the water the problem went away then came back later and when it did the engine guardian to over. I got it to the ramp shut it off and when I started it to load it it was fine. Got it home turned the key on and same issue it kept beeping. I tried it with the motor trimmed in different positions with no change. Any advise would be great.
    Thanks
    Ralph

2. Member
    Bypass (jumper) the oil tank sensor as a test.

I'm not asking this because I'm in any way skilled in Merc repair but only because I want to do the same thing (ie, new rigging hose). Don't you have to reprime the oil system with the CDS after disconnecting the oil line?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

4. Member
    Hi
    I did not prime the system. I did not know I would have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I'm not asking this because I'm in any way skilled in Merc repair but only because I want to do the same thing (ie, new rigging hose). Don't you have to reprime the oil system with the CDS after disconnecting the oil line?
    Shouldn't be any need to do a prime (in my mind anyway) but I would think the engine mounted tank might need to be bled to purge any air that got into the line from the boat mounted tank. I agree with savage about the oil tank sensor and also wonder if a pin might not be making contact in the main harness.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Shouldn't be any need to do a prime (in my mind anyway) but I would think the engine mounted tank might need to be bled to purge any air that got into the line from the boat mounted tank.
    Correct.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Hi All,

UPDATE: As always thank you for sharing your knowledge. A quick update, after checking based on your suggestions all checked out good. I did find the problem though. One of the ignition coils harness plugs was not plugged in securely. It looks like when I was taking the lower cowling off or on I knocked it off.

Thanks again
    Ralph