Need Help With Perspective View Setup

I am a lifelong Lowrance user and made the switch to Garmin 3 years ago and could not be happier. Great products and technology. However, I need some guidance.

I have just installed the latest software and the new Perspective mount and have challenges:

-Unit does not have the same clarity and distinction as before the software update.
    -When in "Auto Mode" the unit seems to have challenges figuring out the orientation of the transducer
    -When the transducer is placed in the "Down" position if Auto mode is selected it takes a minute or two then gives me the alert message of "Forward View - change" and then shows me an image that looks like I have a 60-70% grade sloping away from the boat when the bottom is dead flat.
    -I can still see structure though with less detail and the occasional fish - but before the update it was amazingly clear. I could track a 4" drop shot bait on a 1/8th oz weight in 30' of water to the point of being able to "call me shots". Now - not even close now as I can even track large baits - not even directly in front of - or behind the transducer.
    -I'm still learning it but have got to lock it into "Down" mode versus "Auto" or I get the slanted view.

-I have gone back over the physical installation several times and everything appears correct.

-As for the perspective portion - I have yet to tackle that one but am not getting the views that I have been seeing on posted videos.

Is there something easy that I am missing? Is there a guide to the general settings that I should adjust to?

Less the condolences and the "I feel your pain" posts could someone possibly give me a quick tutorial on setup as I appear to have something incredibly wrong.

The setup is on a 7612 with the black box.

Thank you in advance.
    BCB Lynx
    Mercury 250 ProXs 4-Stroke

2. Member
    Here we go!!! For my forward vu I run down around 40-50% and colour gain almost at %100 I after the update I never Run it on auto depth. My unit works pretty close to the same as it did before the update. But this thread is about to go into the garmin ruined livescope talk with the update in T-2 minutes. The usual suspects are drooling over posts like this.

3. Member
    Perspective I run colour gain down at 30% and gain at around 70-80. The tilt of the transducer is very important. I have mine on a pole that I can easily change the angle.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystanking View Post
    But this thread is about to go into the garmin ruined livescope talk with the update in T-2 minutes. The usual suspects are drooling over posts like this.

Would be nice to not have that sorta crap in threads like these. I’d like to see what settings others are using without having to wade through the BS.

5. Member
    Agreed

6. Member

7. Member
    This is a topwater lure coming in on a weed edge. With a late follow from a fish.

8. Banned
    [QUOTE=ZeroSix;11309005

-Unit does not have the same clarity and distinction as before the software update.
    -When in "Auto Mode" the unit seems to have challenges figuring out the orientation of the transducer
    -When the transducer is placed in the "Down" position if Auto mode is selected it takes a minute or two then gives me the alert message of "Forward View - change" and then shows me an image that looks like I have a 60-70% grade sloping away from the boat when the bottom is dead flat.
    -I can still see structure though with less detail and the occasional fish - but before the update it was amazingly clear. I could track a 4" drop shot bait on a 1/8th oz weight in 30' of water to the point of being able to "call me shots". Now - not even close now as I can even track large baits - not even directly in front of - or behind the transducer.
    -I'm still learning it but have got to lock it into "Down" mode versus "Auto" or I get the slanted view.

Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

After the update, the tilt of the image is possible if the boat is set to a large trim angle!
    You need to set 0-20 degrees .....

Regarding the slanted bottom you are seeing, at times an oscillation in the AHRS system can occur internally. Normally this settles out but it can take more than a minute or two and generally nobody wants to wait that long. One solution to reset the AHRS system is to initiate a new calibration of the compass. Even if you don’t finish calibration and just cancel, the AHRS reset occurs. Rebooting the box also resets the AHRS, but this is more cumbersome that initiating a new calibration of the compass.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Kulibin - thank you. But I'm not the sharpest knife in the dishwasher..... Can you help me out with where I would find "trim angle"? Thank you.
    BCB Lynx

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Regarding the slanted bottom you are seeing, at times an oscillation in the AHRS system can occur internally. Normally this settles out but it can take more than a minute or two and generally nobody wants to wait that long. One solution to reset the AHRS system is to initiate a new calibration of the compass. Even if you don’t finish calibration and just cancel, the AHRS reset occurs. Rebooting the box also resets the AHRS, but this is more cumbersome that initiating a new calibration of the compass.
    Todd - thank you. You are the man! So, to reset the AHSR just go through the normal calibration of the compass - I remember seeing this as an option somewhere - I am sure I can find it - thank you.

As for re-booting the black box - to "dumb-it down a little" would that simply be removing power for a short time and plugging it back in?

Thanks for your help.
    BCB Lynx