Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Don't worry Manatee Mauler, Applied Aquatics will be along shortly to spray and destroy it like everywhere else here.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

2. Member
    Looks like a great place to be at --- I gotta check that out when I ever get down there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    We have the same problems up here with people coming up from the South on our Smallmouth waters. It’s not generally the guy with a $70,000 bass boat that you have to worry about filleting up bass. It’s the guys in the tin boats that measure their manhood in filets.
    Yup, and thanks to loudmouths this place will get hit with the same people. The guy from out of state in his 16 ft tin, two buddies, 70qt cooler and 4 dozen shiners. "But it's catch and release only" LOLOLOLOLO. unless you're posting an FWC officer at the ramp 24/7 that's a joke

1781ccT,

you’ve made quite a move to get in that area. There’s tons of water around you and lots of good options. The Chain in Orlando area is pretty cool and we had a blast on Lake Conway. Lots of little ponds are just fun down there from the pits over by Lady Lake on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    All bass belong to me
    -Manatee

Lol, as if YouTube doesn’t have more subscribers than BBC. Dude, it’s been talked about for years. I only moved here a few months ago but I’ve known of the place for more than a year. Some big secret when a guy in BFE Tennessee heard of it before this ramp opened the fishery to another segment of fishermen.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    I just don't get it. But im not an attention whore. "Hey guys, there's this new lake where you can catch 100 bass in a day with 30lb limits, QUICK let's video it, post it on YouTube and start a thread about it on the biggest bass fishing forum in the world!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to land of no secrets look at guntersville and chick we use to have those all to ourselves too LOL Same with lake fork when it opened

Awesome video!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Yup, and thanks to loudmouths this place will get hit with the same people. The guy from out of state in his 16 ft tin, two buddies, 70qt cooler and 4 dozen shiners. "But it's catch and release only" LOLOLOLOLO. unless you're posting an FWC officer at the ramp 24/7 that's a joke
    I’ve seen wildlife officers checking at the SM ramp lots of times over the years. Catch and release doesn’t apply at the canal and you don’t have to drive miles down the dusty bumpy road. There have been years that the canal was better fishing than the lake. LOTS of water to fish in that area.

Secondary is the wind. You don’t want to be the lakes down there when it blows hard, and I haven’t seen many days in the spring where it’s slick like that video.

Anything for a “like”
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    1781ccT,

you’ve made quite a move to get in that area. There’s tons of water around you and lots of good options. The Chain in Orlando area is pretty cool and we had a blast on Lake Conway. Lots of little ponds are just fun down there from the pits over by Lady Lake on.
    Ive used my boat more since I moved here than I was able to in the five years I lived in Tennessee. We really do have a lot of great little places nearby, and enjoy two of the smaller bodies of water nearby. We’re loving it!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Can you provide a good hotel nearby? I have 70 or 80 of my friends from up north - we want to come down and try this lake!
    That is the best part LOL. All the drugs and whores. Nearest town is Vero. Not where i want to stay let alone park my rig and my stuff is old. Thank goodness I am only 1 1/2 hour drive. You want to make a fortune open a fish camp near there.
    stick marsh, farm 13, Fellsmere res. , Garcia and lake Lawton all close by.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yeah I wouldn’t want to stay at any nearby hotels at Fellsmere! Not the greatest area, and I was born here! There are no secrets, we have known about this opening for a while, just giving the OP some grief....since he’s a pretty badass stick.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    We have stayed at the now Quality Inn in Palm Bay off I-95. There is a Bass Pro there and plenty of good places to eat. It's not a Marriott or anything LOL, but they have power on a few light poles and knock on wood in 10+ years of trips no real problems with theft.

Like I said, you'll want to be at the ramp before daylight if fishing there in the spring. I can't speak for other times of year? I always allow an hour to get there from Palm Bay. If you have a nice glitter sled you'll want to cover the boat because you have a several mile run down a pretty bumpy, sandy road. We have never used shiners, but there is a place near there that has some. Guys we see using them say the little tackle shop runs out of them pretty quick. Allow time for buying those as well if you like shiner fishing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Fishingking11 what are you thinking putting this on here on a national board? NOTHING WORSE THEN PULLING UP TO A RAMP AND LOOKING AT TAGS THAT SAY INDIANA, OH, NH, KY, NY, NC, TN, MO, WV.
    Looks to me like a boost to the local economy.

13. Member
    "The recreational saltwater fishing industry contributed more than $7.9 billion to the state's economy in 2014. Florida is also number one in number of trips taken by anglers at nearly 25 million. Florida's freshwater fisheries also supports another 14,000 jobs and has an additional $1.7 billion economic impact."

Ask the businesses around KY Lake how fast the economy can
    plummet when anglers stop coming.

I ran an insurance appointment in Paris TN a couple weeks ago. The Paris landing ramp used to be full most all the time and overflow parking was full if there was a tournament. The past couple times I was up there...maybe three rigs in the parking lot?

14. Banned
    This was in the paper. Better be careful about the 25mph speed limit. it isn't allowed all over the lake like the OP said..... And there are only 30 spaces for boats/trailers... Supposedly there is a gate that is locked, preventing people from getting in early. Here is the article:
    Saw this in the paper regarding the place:
    Daily hours of operation — one hour before sunrise until one hour after sunset. Be prepared for dimness or darkness — there is no roadway lighting.
    Parking outside of designated areas, including on the dirt road, Fellsmere Grade, is prohibited. Law enforcement agencies may ticket or tow violators.
    When turning onto Fellsmere Grade from Babcock Street, there will be no indication that parking is full.
    Additional parking is available at the Fellsmere Grade Recreation Area, locally called the Stick Marsh boat ramp. However, it is about 2 miles between the two ramps.
    Public access to Headwaters Lake's eastern levee, southern interior levee and the privately owned “island property” separating Egan and Headwaters lakes is prohibited.
    Boat speed shall not exceed 25 mph.
    Outside of the access canals, Fellsmere Water Management Area contains a mixture of habitats, which combined with varying water levels, create shallow water obstacles.
    Boating speed limits within designated portions of canals will be “idle speed,” no wake. The area’s access canals are narrow with blind corners and are vulnerable to erosion from boat wakes.
    Paddlecraft may continue to launch off the levee in the northwest corner of Headwaters Lake accessed via the Stick Marsh parking area.
    No airboats are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    We have the same problems up here with people coming up from the South on our Smallmouth waters. It’s not generally the guy with a $70,000 bass boat that you have to worry about filleting up bass. It’s the guys in the tin boats that measure their manhood in filets.
    So sad, but so true

16. Member
    I'm reposting this for our out of town visitors:
    Was there opening morning and have been fishing it for the last 2 years. Let me first say it should be a world class fishery, but, and its a big but. The FWC is in control and they are the most incompetent, corrupt agency in our state. I'll start with the ramp which is 5 years late in being open. Opening morning show up and they have the gate locked, for what unknown reason other than causing chaos, they had everyone drive down 3 miles to the StickMarsh parking to turn around and come back and line up. There were around 35 or so boats lined up when they finally unlocked the stupid gate. Now you got a line of boaters flowing into a two lane ramp, which by the way the entire parking lot and ramp area has no lights, zero. The ramps are pretty narrow and have a high concrete curb running on the sides all the way down to the water. Needless to say if a person has bad backing up skills they will struggle, which many did with the no lights. And that is not what disgusted me the most, as I mentioned I've been fishing it hard the last couple years in a canoe, so I know what it was like before the grand opening, the last trip was a few months ago before it got stupid hot. Well when we finally get in and with the sun starting to come up we instantly notice the water quality, its bad, it has like 6-8" visibility, pretty much just like the Stick Marsh. Mind you, the water before was so gin clear it was like an aquarium, so after running to all our usual good spots we noticed the entire reservoir was this way, from the east berm to the west berm and all the way south in the enhanced areas. It had been nuked, there was dead and yellow stalks of hydrilla all over. so if this is the way they are going to manage it, this will be as good as it gets, it will deteriorate just like all our other great fisheries under their control. Its a shame if that happens because its an awesome place. It fishes big with all the cover and structure, we have caught many great fish over the last couple years. Good luck if you go.

17. Banned
    Parking between the lines required?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    All bass belong to me
    -Manatee

Lol, as if YouTube doesn’t have more subscribers than BBC. Dude, it’s been talked about for years. I only moved here a few months ago but I’ve known of the place for more than a year. Some big secret when a guy in BFE Tennessee heard of it before this ramp opened the fishery to another segment of fishermen.
    And it looks like Mikey Balzz and JT Kenney just posted a video about it so there are another 55K subscribers who can see it. It probably hasn't been a secret for a while.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Parking between the lines required?

Same as with coloring, you miss your out

20. Banned
    Yup you southern boys have a lot to complain about. Y'all come north and are definitely good stewards. About a month ago there was a y-tube of a couple southern boys so proud of their 12 SMB all lined up on their truck bed ready to be filleted, not just once but a couple of times. And then just today on Facebook saw a couple of southern boys so proud of their catch on waters that don't allow what they were proudly showing. I thought hard about sending that link to local DNR.

Goes both ways.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast