Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just one of the many reasons I am a fan of his on and off the water.

https://www.facebook.com/GeraldSwind...9102112876025/

Sure Appreciate you putting that on the BBC thankful I didn't miss it......There have been people in my life who that made a big difference in my life with the words they spoke to me during some difficult times.

2. Member
    Appears I need Facebook to watch. What did he have to say?

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Appreciate his willingness and eloquence in sharing some big picture wisdom, empathy and humility...

Inspiring timeout from his everyday, ‘normal’ professional persona and environment...

Betting he didn’t get through that on the first take (I didn’t).

and jbsooner... Awesome; continued blessings to you, sir.
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Member
    Great story.

5. Member
    Great story and a great person...the world is FULL of good people just like him.

Thanks for posting

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by like2fish2 View Post
    I became a big fan of his when I read the article in BASS MASTER about his deceased brother.

He is a real genuine person and one heck of a fisherman.

This article brought my father and I back together over fishing just a couple years before he was diagnosed and succumbed to the same cancer as Tony. Who knew an Elite Series event in my hometown Fort Madison Iowa and an article in a magazine could heal some wounds and bring us together! If there's a fan club I'll be the President. Can't thank G enough for being vulnerable and sharing the hard truths.

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Great humility and a great ambassador! We all touch people in our daily lives in some way or other....G man just has a bigger platform and his way of life touched at least one...I'm betting many more ! Good on ya G Man....jbsooner.....keep on keeping on brother.

9. Banned
    Thanks for all the kind words from you guys. I tried to multi quote each one of you, but I couldn't get it to work.

I have no problem admitting I had a problem. That one night in September of 2019 while my wife and kids were asleep and I was walking through the living room, we have a big mirror above our couch and I looked at myself and said "This isn't who I want to be". I haven't touched a drop since. I miss out on some gatherings and what not because I know they will be partaking and I don't want to tempt myself, but other than that I don't miss it one bit.

10. Member
    Wow! The spiritual side of fishing and what a great story. God bless Gerald.

11. Banned

12. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words from you guys. I tried to multi quote each one of you, but I couldn't get it to work.

I have no problem admitting I had a problem. That one night in September of 2019 while my wife and kids were asleep and I was walking through the living room, we have a big mirror above our couch and I looked at myself and said "This isn't who I want to be". I haven't touched a drop since. I miss out on some gatherings and what not because I know they will be partaking and I don't want to tempt myself, but other than that I don't miss it one bit.
    Keep strong my friend. God and family is not worth any drink of alcohol. Get your highs from hugs and kisses and the cherished moments that await you.
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 08-20-2020 at 12:54 PM.

13. Member
    Mr. Perry, Thank you for posting this video. It has become quite a realistic topic for a good many people. G Man covers a lot of ground, but is also a real true thoughtful Human Being. Mark, you also have quite a thoughtful streak in your life. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    Mr. Perry, Thank you for posting this video. It has become quite a realistic topic for a good many people. G Man covers a lot of ground, but is also a real true thoughtful Human Being. Mark, you also have quite a thoughtful streak in your life. God Bless.
    Thanks. I have just learned over the years that life is too short, too precious and too valuable to take it for granted so I try to find positives in anything I do. People doing good things makes the world a better place to me.

15. Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123