Ordering a new boat - thoughts on Garmin setup please

I'm about to order a Phoenix 721 with these options:

1. 50" Force trolling motor (believe this has GT-54 UHD transducer built in)

2. LVS-32 Livescope transducer mounted to trolling motor

3. EchoMap Ultra 126sv at bow

4. EchoMap Ultra 126sv at console

5. GT 15 in-hull transducer

6. GT 34 UHD transducer mounted on transom

7. Steady Cast sensor

Thoughts on this setup? Any changes needed?

This is my first bass boat and any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Everything looks good, except in my opinon, #6.

For me, i had this ducer briefly and was not impressed. The clear vu was good but the side vu range was not. I ended up swapping it out and went with the GT30. Again, that's my opinion. If they would make an imaging ducer (side/down) only, like the GT54, i'd swap out the GT30 for it but for now, i'll keep what i have.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Depending on how important the in hull xducer is to you, I have seen in lots of posts that guys love their GT30.
    Or you could get a GT54 with the 126sv. I run a GT34 and a GT54.
    The GT34 is a niche xducer. It will show some detail in shallow lakes. You would need to be happy with scanning 50ft max to each side and in 30fow and less.
    You can X2 that with a GT54. I like looking at the 34 but the 54 does the work.
    And the GT54 on 455khz shows fish great.
    Last edited by DR. DROP; 08-11-2020 at 08:32 PM.

4. Member
    Just nit picking here, just be aware you can't record livescope on those units, can record all other sonar if you wish but not LS. I made this mistake.

5. Member
    Save some money and get a 122 for the bow....your 126 will share the map to it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gford View Post
    Save some money and get a 122 for the bow....your 126 will share the map to it.
    You will be disappointed with the gt34 only.....I went that route first and love the 34 down scan.....but sidescan was useless pretty much....it has a 30' max depth and I could on get hd about 30-40 out each side in 25' and less of water.....so I am actually running 2 sidescan transducers now...a Gt-30 for side and the gt34 for down. Along with a gt8 in hull.....the phoenix is setup good for dual units in back.....I would rather have a 106 and 102 at console and run dual 10's

7. Member
    Drop down and get 2 102’s for the bow and a 122 sv for the console. Cost u more for both 102’s than a 126 but u can runs LS on one and whatever else on the other. I’m ordering mine with no maps and adding in the LakeVü ultra on one. If networked they can all share one map which saves a couple bucks and gets their best map.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

8. Member
    Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice, I really appreciate it.

I'm also a big fan of two units at bow.
    One for LS only
    Other for split 2d and down.