Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Feeling your pain. If you're a dog lover you've been through this. It hurts for awhile. So sorry.

2. Member
    I'm sorry for your loss but I promise you it will get better. Every time this happens we say that's it were not going through that again and a few months later a new one enters our lives and steals our hearts. And it's not the same but it's a whole new chapter with a new family member.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksiede View Post
    Dude, loosing one always sucks.. Just remember, he was only here for a portion of your life, but you were there for him his entire life!
    This is so true. I am sad for your loss. It will get better
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Sorry for your loss

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    so sorry

6. Member
    understand.

7. Member
    We had back to back Boxers (11yrs / 12 yrs) -- lost the second one about 2 years ago. Still haven't come to grips with getting another dog but would be leaning toward Boston terrier as kids are grown and gone. Feel for your loss.

8. Member
    Everybody wants a good dog but then it hurts so much when you lose them. Time heals but in the meantime it sure sux.

9. Member
    Dogs are special. Sorry for your loss.

10. Member
    Our Duke, all 12 lbs of him, just made 14. He sleeps about 20 hours a day but the other 4 hrs, he's a joy. Dreading the day that gets closer every minute. Picture your pup, pain free, running flat out with his ears pinned back and a smile on his face. You'll see him again. RIP

11. Member
    Sorry for your loss, you always know it is coming but it is never easy to deal with.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Sorry for your loss, you always know it is coming but it is never easy to deal with.
    You are so right. The hardest part was after making the appointment, i was literally counting down the minutes, by the time the vet showed up I was a basket case and my stomach was in knots.

But thanks again everybody! I'm struggling, but I'll survive.
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

13. Member
    So sorry for your loss. They truly are family.

14. Banned
    The Wife just left taking "MagWai" for the ride. I was going to take MagWai in tomorrow after a trip to the DogPark where MagWai was King (and Queen.) MagWai was a hermaphrodite and when we first started attending the DogPark MagWai would jump into any fracas and break up any 'fights' regardless of size or whether it was just playing.

Biggest Heart in the game:

IMG_0463.jpg

29510902_10213827204492127_1592491936337280436_n.jpg

All Dogs go to Heaven...

safe_image.php.jpeg

15. Member
    Sorry for your loss.
    Danny

16. Member
    Chris - My deepest sympathies for your loss. It will get better over time. I sent you an instant message.

17. Member
    Terrible sorry for your loss.
    🎣Tight Lines! I can`t teach you to want it!

18. Member
    Sorry for your loss man! I definnately feel your pain, I had to put my best friend down in february. Unfortunately its the 3rd time ive had to go through this. They all hurt, but Buddy and I had a connection like I've never had with a dog before and I'm a 53yr old who's never been without multiple dogs. Buddy did everything with me and lived to make me happy and feel better. I still have 2 older labs, and I love them dearly, but it's just not the same. I will say this.....people say "how could you get another dog and go through this again". My honest reply is when the other 2 have passed and I grieve them, I will get another.....because the sheer joy, love, pleasure and companionship I had with Buddy is worth whatever pain I go through. It's been 6 months since I lost Buddy, it still hurts and yes I still cry at times. But, I now find it a little easier to smile when I see his pictures and talk about him, which is daily by the way. His remains and several of his pictures are on the wall right next to my recliner. He will always be in my heart, and I'm sure if he could speak to me, he would tell me to find another pup to fill my heart.

19. TJNYSNP
    Sorry for your loss. Had to do the same 2 years ago and we still have not felt well enough to get another dog because that last 2 years of gradual health decline ( going deaf, then back hips going, then continence issues... ) was tough on her but on us too. Life is great experiences and memories and he gave you more than he knows.

Had a boxer similar to your pup. He was a wonderful companion, the clown prince. We lost him about 4 years ago and it's still painful. Prayer s your way. Pup will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for you. Take care my friend.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast