Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Sorry for your loss

2. Member
    So sorry for your loss. I had to put my dog down in late April and it was the toughest thing I've ever had to do. It will take time, but things will get better. I still get choked up thinking about her.

3. Member
    So sorry for your loss-

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the words of encouragement.
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    Don't worry about being a big cry baby. I got some fluid built up in my eyes just reading your post. I have had to have two boxers that ive gone through this. It hurts so bad mostly because many of us have been down that same road. And sometimes that phrase "man's best friend" hits us hard. They are by far more loyal, and loving unconditionally than most humans. And how ironic is that our current year and half old boxer is named Mugsy....
    He's the first one I've ever had. He was given to me at 5 weeks old my by my oldest daughters boyfriend in 2009. His mom and pop was named Bonnie and Clyde so I stayed with the gangster name. He was an unbelievable companion, I've had all kinds my entire life but never have I had one so loyal, loving and compassionate. He would burry his head in my lap when he knew I was upset about something and not let up until I was thinking about him and not whatever was bothering me. The fool hated water though and we live on the lake. You couldn't have got him in a boat if your life depended on it. Man he left a huge hole in my heart.
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

Sorry for the loss of your good friend. It is so hard...

7. Member
    I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    He's the first one I've ever had. He was given to me at 5 weeks old my by my oldest daughters boyfriend in 2009. His mom and pop was named Bonnie and Clyde so I stayed with the gangster name. He was an unbelievable companion, I've had all kinds my entire life but never have I had one so loyal, loving and compassionate. He would burry his head in my lap when he knew I was upset about something and not let up until I was thinking about him and not whatever was bothering me. The fool hated water though and we live on the lake. You couldn't have got him in a boat if your life depended on it. Man he left a huge hole in my heart.
    Nope....most Boxers hate water...we took our Mugsy to Lake Oneida this year. Bought the life jacket and all for him. Got him in the water, but he high tailed it and swam right back to shore as fast as he could....they are great family dogs, no doubt...
    20200623_171458-1.jpg
    Last edited by dlewis10; 08-11-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

9. Member
    Hate to see these threads because if you own a dog your time is eventually coming. God bless man, tough loss. They are definitely worth every day we get with them.

God Bless you brother...and Muggsy too.

We're all there with you and fully understand. As far as being a wuss goes...not even close friend. Personally, I don't trust a human that doesn't have a broken heart over losing a beloved pet. Some of the hardest men I've known were brought to their knees over losing a friend like Muggsy. That's how it's supposed to be when we lose the ones we love.

God will heal bud...and Muggsy will be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    God Bless you brother...and Muggsy too.

We're all there with you and fully understand. As far as being a wuss goes...not even close friend. Personally, I don't trust a human that doesn't have a broken heart over losing a beloved pet. Some of the hardest men I've known were brought to their knees over losing a friend like Muggsy. That's how it's supposed to be when we lose the ones we love.

God will heal bud...and Muggsy will be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge...
    Thanks Mizzou and I certainly hope he is!
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Sorry for your loss...and if you're a wuss then I'm one too and that includes all of us who have that special dog in our lives.

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Really sorry to read this, and I’m a wuss too! I lost my 15 year old chihuahua that traveled with me to college, law school, Texas, on private investigation assignments, etc. he was my right hand man for so many years, and it crushed me when I had to put him down.

I stayed in that room and cried for hours, you do what’s best for family.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

BTDT more times than i care to think about, always tough

like mentioned though, there's another one out there that needs you
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

16. Member
    Just went through this (again) with my lab. Take some time as time has a way of healing. The answer to your question will come. I have always had dogs around and have found the pleasures they have brought me far outweigh the difficult ultimate ending. Only you decide and time is on your side.

Hang in there and remember the great times you all had together.

Rainbow Bridge (Death of a Pet)

Submitted By: LibbyJo
    There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
    It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
    Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
    hills and valleys with lush green grass.
    When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
    There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
    The old and frail animals are young again.
    Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
    There is only one thing missing,
    they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
    So each day they run and play until the day comes
    when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
    The nose twitches! The ears are up!
    The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
    You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
    you take him in your arms and hug him.
    He licks and kisses your face again and again -
    and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
    pet.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.
    Author: unknown

17. Member
    We just recently, lost our so special dog a few months back as well. It certainly is so difficult to deal with. I understand your pain and offer prayers for you to cope with your loss.

18. Member
    So sorry for your loss, there are no words to describe that hollow felling inside when our best friend has to leave us. A dogs love is as pure as it gets and something to be treasured. After awhile another pup will help fill that empty place in your heart, and Muggsy will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

19. Member
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

20. Member
    So sorry for your loss! They are an incredible piece of our lives. It’s a shame they aren’t able to be a part of it for a longer time. My baby boy died five years ago and we miss him every day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast