2019 ZX 225 Mega 360 install

Anyone install there own mega 360? I'm installing a Helix 9 a Helix 12 and the 360 on the bow I see there's 2 hot and 2 ground wires at the bow marked d finder my question is do I need to pull a separate 10g wire from the battery for the 360 or has anyone got power from the wires already run up to the bow, these wires look to be 10g.

Thanks Richard
    2019 Skeeter ZX 225

2. Member
    I have a Helix 12, Helix 10, and Mega 360 on the front of my 2019 ZX250. The newer Skeeters have 2 sets of power/ground wires at bow and console. Pre-wired for dual graphs at each location. All 4 sets are tied together and are run to the fuse block in the bilge area of the boat.

I ended up using the factory wiring for my 360 & Helix 10 up front and ran a separate 10 ga wire from the battery for the bow Helix 12. While doing this I disconnected the factory wiring from the fuse block in the bilge, basically bypassed it, and tied it in straight to the battery. Everything is fused per owners manuals.

I do not have the 360 on a switch. Being wired direct to battery the only way to completely kill power to it is by disconnecting the power cable on the 360. I take the 360 transducer and all my graphs off when not in use so it's not a big deal for me.

3. Member
    Thank you Tyler that's what I was looking for. Was there any reason why you bypassed the accessory block in the bilge area?
    I seen in the humminbird section where you was having some interference with the mega 360 I'm just trying to avoid as many problems as I can while I have the boat apart.
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Richard RT188; 08-11-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    2019 Skeeter ZX 225

4. Member
    You bet, not a problem. I bypassed the block to try and help with voltage drops I was seeing to the graphs. It made a difference.

I did have some bad interference problems at first. Turned out to be how my wires were tangled together under the bow panel. I cleaned all that up and made sure my 360 and graph power were moved away from trolling motor cables. Not much room under there so it took a little time to make sure it was all separated when I put it back together. I'm still having a little interference when running the trolling motor but it's not terrible. Crystal clear when not on the trolling motor. Next step will be to disconnect battery charger from cranking battery while running TM and 360 to see if interference is coming through the charger. If it is then I'll install the Humminbird choke cable between the charger and battery.

5. Member
    Thanks again Tyler I'm installing the same set up you have.
    You've been a lot of help. If you don't mind I may send you a PM later down the road with a question or two.

Richard
    2019 Skeeter ZX 225

6. Member
    You bet. Anytime