cobbosecontee/china questions

My normal early Oct. trip to southern Maine has to be modified because of covid. I shouldn't stay with my elderly inlaws, and I'll do the right thing by them. I'm thinking about central Maine. Lakeside Lodge in Winthrop looks good, but rates are higher than I would like untill Nov. 1. I know the weather is out of our control, but what would one expect in the way of water temps and fishing success the first half of Nov? Would one of the New Hampshire lakes or perhaps Champlain be a better choice that time of year ( or earlier if the lodging rates drop sooner). Any suggestions to where and when I should go and stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think rooms are around $109 a night during early October. That is prime foliage time in New England and you will be hard pressed to beat that price, especially lakefront with a dock. NH and most of VT will be way more money to stay.
    Quite frankly, you probably aren’t going to like the weather in early November up here. Cold and windy mostly, with an occasional decent day mixed in for the most part. Putting all the factors together, you should probably look south.

3. Member
    The weather in early Nov might be really cold. If I could go south I would.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    Thanks for the advice. I'll hope next year works out as usual.

If you have never been to lakeside you might be surprised at what you get fur they price .. I’ve been to “fish camps “ all up and down the east coast and it’s the best I have ever stayed at

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    If you have never been to lakeside you might be surprised at what you get fur they price .. I’ve been to “fish camps “ all up and down the east coast and it’s the best I have ever stayed at
    Was there last week. Looked great. But 229 a night through Oct. hits the budget pretty hard. Price drops to 90 Nov 1, hence the weather guestions. If anyone knows of a different place in the area with rates lower, please speak up.

7. Member
    Cobbeessee motel a mile down the road

8. Member
    Thanks