Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    If you had success with inserts, were they the custom made ones or an off the shelf?

I had it several years ago. I bought a set of the Dr. Shoals inserts at Wally World and they worked, curing it in several weeks. When my wife got it, however, shoe got the inserts and they didn’t help her. Go figure.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    If you had success with inserts, were they the custom made ones or an off the shelf?
    Mine were off the shelf from Walmart.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. Member

Off the shelf inserts

I had it and after fighting it for a while I went to the Podiatrist and he told me throw away my work boots and get some Red Wing Boots. He also made me a set of inserts which I have had for 20 years. If I start having foot aches I go back and they reform my inserts and the discomfort goes away. This discomfort is usually in the top of my foot. I now have two sets of inserts made by my Podiatrist and use hem religiously.

Note: I tried the off the shelf inserts and the did not provide any relief.
    Last edited by Lee W; 08-11-2020 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Additional Comment

5. Member
    Had it bad 14 years ago, work related. Had the cortisone shots and it helped enough to work but didnt last. Change to a different shoe and dont walk as much. Mines gone now but also retired .Shoe brands really made a difference

Roll the foot over a frozen bottle of water will help as well

All great advice. Hope something works for your step dad.
    It’s painful to the point you can’t put any weight on it when you don’t use it for extended periods of time.
    Morning was the worst for me.
    Co worker told me he had it in both feet at the same time. Said he had to crawl to the bathroom in the mornings.

My wife got it a few years ago when she was running\walking a lot. Many trips to the Dr and such over several months. I forget what prompted her to do so, but she changed her running shoes and it went away.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Shoes with a good arch support are the key to not getting it in the first place. I’ve had it bad twice. Exercises didn’t do jack for me. Custom made inserts Helped get me on the path to recovery. Once the tendon gets torn away from the heel it takes a very long time to heal. Danner boots helped me a lot as well. Someone mentioned Red wings which is another great boot. The shank in the sole prevents the foot from flexing as much, which helps the healing process. I now wear Brooks or Asics shoes. They both have good arch support and work well for me.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Stretch foot by flexing it up and down 10 times before standing.
    Do toe stretches to stretch the plantar fascia. Holding toe a bit can help by adding resistance.

I still do toe stretches some times while lying down.

11. Member
    Rolling the frozen water bottle under the arch
    Calf stretches
    Inserts, custom is best. Off the shelf, Sof Sole or Superfeet were the ones recommended
    Brace to wear at night; plenty to choose from on Amazon
    Wear quality tennis shoes, including indoors (no slippers or flip flops)

12. Member
    I’ve had it for about a year now. I will have to try some of the things I’ve read on here.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

13. Member
    Try a Straussberg Sock when you are sleeping. Orthopedic surgeon recommended it to me after an injury and it really helped. Takes a little getting used to but not too bad.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=straussbe..._ss_ts-o-p_9_7

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    The Walk-Fit inserts have been life-changing for over 15 years. They last a long time. On my second pair.

They may not work for everyone, but I will not go to work, without wearing them.
    This^ cured mine. Could barely walk in morning when I woke up. You have to give them a couple weeks. I use them anytime I plan to stand for a few hours. Get them at CVS and other pharmacies.

15. Member
    tennis ball
    good orthotics: I got mine through the VA, but there are companies like Sole footbeds that mold to your feet.
    sleeping in plantar fasciitis socks
    sleeping in a PF boot
    also, make sure you wear properly fitted footwear.

you don't want the shots...those didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Of the shelf, Dr. Scholls. Worked for me.

17. idbefishing
    What had helped me the most is the Bitly Plantar Fascitis socks (Amazon). Wore it every night for about a year and I'm pain free now. I did the rolling my foot over a ball and stretching and foot exercise. that helped some but the compression socks were what knocked it out of the park.

Also, good podiatrist fitted orthotics (must have) and don't walk around the house barefoot

https://treadlabs.com/?keyword_sessi...SAAEgJXCfD_BwE
    The best $75 you will ever spend.... I promise

Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    My step dad has it and thought it would be a good idea to ask here for advice on a cure/relief. Thanks
    I had it twice.... stretch... freeze a water bottle, roll under your arch... get this and wear it to bed... Strassburg Sock White Regular Size (fits Calf Size up to 16in Around) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JB2UDTQ..._2rUmFbCXJA3J4

keeps your foot in the correct healing position and get a good pair of orthotics... I went to the Happy feet store... they will try to sell you three different ones... buy the middle ones... if you use the sock at night, wear the orthotics daily and after healed, you will get over it quicker and mine hasn’t come back. hope this helps.

steroids/inflamatory medicine, and stretching, PT just got rid of mine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast