Anyone see what palaniuk was doing with his 360

Just watched his 1000 islands vid and Looked like he was taking the 360 off and leaving it on the deck and remounting it multiples times in the day. Does he have a quick release . No way he’s unscrewing it every time is he?

Did not see him doing that, but it is sort of quick release if you want it that way.

The holes in the mount plate are slotted. The bolt next to the bow guard is a slot that is wide on one end so the bolt head will pass through.
    Just leave that one slightly loose so you can slide of out, the two on the outside are just slots so you can use a knob bolt to loosen and slide it off.
    That was done with the original 360 by several pros when fishing big water/waves.

This is a couple of knob bolts I put together from parts at Lowes, I did not like the small knob types with bolt they had so I used a bigger knob with threaded insert with a hex socket bolt:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Now we need to procure an Enigma machine so we can decipher your secret code.

Believe the manual says something about removing if being subject to excessive heat. Like West Texas under a tarp heat.
    I swapped the three 1/4 inch bolts for large head Phillip's screws and use a Dewalt to loosen them enough to remove. I also shortened the shaft and built a brace for running in the rough stuff. So far it's worked well.

5. Member
    He took the whole bracket off . He didn’t just slip it out the bracket .

The bracket on mine is two piece. To take the whole bracket off you have to remove the four bolts on bottom of steering box. Fastest way is to loosen the 3 bolts that are made for easy removal which leaves one piece of bracket on the tube and one on the steering box.
    Guess you could loosen the hex screws that secure the tube to outer bracket and slide the tube out.. but then you would have to realign the head every time.

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Now we need to procure an Enigma machine so we can decipher your secret code.
    Page 35 holds the key :)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post

Quote Originally Posted by crazyju View Post
    LOL, that note is about the power connection diagram for the 360 in its installation manual.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL