Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Exmark mower owners?

Likes, dislikes? Looking at a Lazer Z E series.....

Parents have one, 60" and no telling how many hours. Easy to work on and general maintenance. They use it to mow about 5 acres total and I mow 2 acres weekly with it. It's a great mower. It's probably 10+ years old or so and still going strong.

3. Banned
    Both my neighbors have exmarks they don't complain about them.

We have three at work that get used about every day in the summer and have for several years. They have been great mowers. We have the commercial versions. Normal wear and tear belts, blades, etc. The warranty has also been really good. Had our biggest mower engine have something break internally and Ex-Mark put a new engine on it no charge and this was towards the end of warranty period. Ours all have the Koehler engines. I think Ex-Mark makes their pun engine now.

5. Member
    I was in a large dealer few weeks ago- had jd ferris gh cc anyway owner said exmark was the best of all- personally I own a jd gh and scag and I think all are good

6. Member
    I live near the campus of Notre Dame and they have contractors cut the grass in odd lots that they own.
    The first year they did this they bought all new Toros.
    The next year they upgraded to commercial Toros.
    Then they tried Simplicity.
    Last year they went to Ex mark and seem to be really happy.
    These machines cut 5 days a week all summer.
    I can tell when they're down as they cut lots all around me and no problems so far with the Exmark.

7. Member
    When I looked the past year Exmark and Grasshopper seemed to be really good mowers. Both used serviceable axles.

8. Member
    I've had a 36inch turf tracer for 10 years , and it still starts first pull, cuts great, easy to change oil, easy to adjust cut height. The mower deck gets caked with grass so I have to get underneath and scrape it off regularly but a big reason for that is wet grass in a low lying area. I'd buy again 100%

9. Member
    I have the Lazer Z X series and it is a beast. No regerts.

10. Member
    Exmark all the way. I have a 2014 lazer z e series With 860 hours. Only have replaced a deck belt, and drive belt. Suspension seat. Get the upgrades on the ISO kit for the suspension seat, and get the solid front tires.
    at work we got a 2018 exmark lazer z x series. Has 750 hrs on it. Nothing as been replaced.

maintance. Oil, filter, 2 grease zerks, blow out air filter. Service hydro pump first at 250 hours then again after 500 MORE hours. Real good mowers.
    RANGER BOATS

11. Member
    I've been totally happy with my exmark and have zero problems recommending them to my friends.

12. Member
    I have a friend that worked in the lawn management business in Houston and the Ex Mark is all they run. I just put an electric blade clutch on his ex Mark mower that he bought 8 years ago used from their business for his personal use, it has the Kawasaki engine in it and it is a bad to bone unit, just have to keep them serviced properly is the key. I would buy one if I needed it.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

13. Member
    Friend has a lawn and landscape biz. He runs Exmarks exclusively and loves them. Of course, the guy I know who runs only Scags loves those too.

14. Member
    I have one and It’s fantastic. I recently upgraded to the gator blade G6s after only using exmark blades for years and I’m glad I did. This thing will lay stripes like no other!

15. Member
    Exmark are the best. They have really engineered out a lot of the common problems facing most zero turn mowers. They are by far more expensive than most others, but you get what you pay for. We still have a 21 year old 60" lazer at work that we still use as a back up machine. Take care of it and it will probably last your lifetime....

16. Member
    I have an Exmark Lazer ZX diesel 72 inch cut and it is the best mower I ever had, I mow 10 acres and I have had all kinds of mowers from finish mowers to gang mowers and nothing cuts as nice as a Exmark. There is a reason most commercial guys use Exmark.

17. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I have the eXmark Lazer Z E-series and absolutely love it. What makes the eXmark such a great mower is the design of the mower deck. Nothing cuts as well. Every time I am done mowing my grass looks like carpet. The cut is perfect every time. I’ve had mine since 2015 and it cuts as good today as it did the first day I got it.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Likes, dislikes? Looking at a Lazer Z E series.....
    My son-in-law has had one for several years. One new battery and zero repairs.

19. Member
    I’d like to try one of the ExMark push mowers, they look well built.

20. Member
    Have had Z e-series for going on 20 years just ordered a new one 52" cut ours gets abused and have a commercial 60" toro. The new exmarks and toros are the same mower. Both are awesome there is a reason you see 90% of all commercial gusys running exmark or toro. You will be pleased for years to come. Cut quality is amazing, go ahead and make sure you get the commercial series.
    BassCat PIII
    Mercury 200 EFI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast