Autopilot on a 300 Verado

A friend of mine want to install a Lowrance NAC-1 link with his Simrad EVO3

For the installation we are able to do it oursleves but the only thing that bothers me is the bleeding of the electric power steering; I already did a few installations on a Seastar conventionnal hydraulic but never on a electric PS. Is the bleeding is the same? Same Seastar hydraulic oil?

Those are the parts we are going to order:
    NAC-1 000-11748-001

N2K starter kit: 000-0124-69

Verado fittings kit: 000-11772-001

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Is this a single engine setup?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Yes it is

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Given that these are non-Mercury components, that are tying into the steering system and essentially act as a second helm that is following waypoints, I would strongly recommend getting with Lowrance (directly) for technical assistance on these products.

Keep in mind that this isn't really an "autopilot"- it is merely controlling the heading (or steering).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor