Am I the only one

That prefers late summer/early fall fishing (For tournaments anyways)? I place a WHOLE lot better starting this time of the year until late October. Winning sacks are pretty small. I’m thinking it may be a mental thing for me, as I can usually catch the light weight it takes to win this time of year but I struggle the rest of the year when the fishing is good and I know it takes 20-30lbs to win.

2. Member
    Many times I have better days this time of year than I do in the spring. I need warm water and grass to do good.

3. Member
    You are not the only one. All my club tournament wins but one have come in August and September. And the bags are usually smaller and a grind to get 5. Won a club tournament yesterday with 10.71 only had five bites all day but made each one count.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    You are not the only one. All my club tournament wins but one have come in August and September. And the bags are usually smaller and a grind to get 5. Won a club tournament yesterday with 10.71 only had five bites all day but made each one count.
    That’s how I like it. It usually takes 10-11lb this time of year to win here and I feel confident being able to get it

You may be .

6. Member
    I hate this time of year. Fished all day on Sunday to only catch one.

Around here everyone can catch them in the spring and summer, it's the few of us who get after it in the fall that really shine.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I struggle when it gets hot. I just can’t figure them out. I took a skunk for a boat ride Saturday

Late Summer when the nights start to get cooler, and the water with it, all the way thru late Fall. Love it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    Late fall and most of winter are best for me !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    Summer is better for me... I think summer patterns just work for my fishing style better.. I love deeper water with rocks or bulkheads and current where I can rip a small crank or spinner bait... chug bug around rip rap in the morning is 1 of my most favorite things to do!!

i live surrounded by marsh.. lately with it being so hot, my normal spots deep in the marsh only produce small fish... anything decent sized is out in the bigger bayous and main passed right now..

12. Member
    Exact same here. Confidence always goes a long ways and I am ignorantly confident when it gets tough. Also fits my style more during late summer and what was formerly known as “fall”.

13. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Around here everyone can catch them in the spring and summer, it's the few of us who get after it in the fall that really shine.
    Around here the ones that can't seem to put it together are the ones that won't come out of the deer woods long enough to figure it out. Lakes aren't as busy either.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

no, I mostly like december till end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimslaw View Post
    no, I mostly like december till end of May.
    Same here!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

I'm consistent all year. Most people call it not very good, but I'm consistent!
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    I'm consistent all year. Most people call it not very good, but I'm consistent!
    I can relate

18. Member
    I like fishing in summer . Dont like tournaments when water temps are above 80. Ca has a 6 hour event rule in summer but still loose a lot of fish in summer events. It stays hot here through September.

19. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    October/November for me. Spring is great, too, obviously, but can be very inconsistent. And I like to catch fish all day, not just the first hour in the morning. My best tournament results often come when the bite is good later in the day. Seem to have the knack more so than some other guys of waiting for that afternoon bite and figuring where it will be.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio