Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    when your done bleeding them with the speed bleeder, can you put the the older bleeder back in,with the way boat trailers draw moisture in the system i would think after a while it would cause the speed bleeder to get rusty and clog up,i assume you do one wheel at a time right
    Speedbleeder replaces the original bleeder and stays in place.

They come with a little rubber cap, but I have never had a problem with them clogging.

I suppose if you had an very old system with crud in the fluid, it could be a problem, but if that was the case I would flush the system with the old bleeders first.

Never really had moisture in the system as I bleed my system every 2-3 years as part of my anal maintenance schedule. Takes 15-20 minutes easy peasy.

Bleed one wheel at a time and drop the tongue low so master cylinder is below frame height.

Good Luck

2. Member
    I had my mechanic shop fix my brakes. Had to replace brake lines that got ripped off and some other repairs to the calipers. They had a tough time bleeding the brakes. They tried a bleeder system that they use on cars and it would not work. Had to bleed the brakes with working the little lever to bleed them. They said it was a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    You talking about a power bleeder? I know they work well on a car other than they are really wasteful with the fluid as you have to fill the tank of the bleeder to a minimum level. Probably not worth the cost for such an occasional job for a man that owns only one boat.

3. Member
    with two people i dont see how it be a pain,one guy opens and closes bleeder screw another keeps master cylinder full, and pull screw driver back and forth,i wonder if they had the master cylinder lower than the calipers,speedbleeder only needs one guy

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    with two people i dont see how it be a pain,one guy opens and closes bleeder screw another keeps master cylinder full, and pull screw driver back and forth,i wonder if they had the master cylinder lower than the calipers,speedbleeder only needs one guy
    That's interesting and a possibility. With only working the bleeder system with a screw driver, it might not take much of an elevation change to slow things down.

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I had my mechanic shop fix my brakes. Had to replace brake lines that got ripped off and some other repairs to the calipers. They had a tough time bleeding the brakes. They tried a bleeder system that they use on cars and it would not work. Had to bleed the brakes with working the little lever to bleed them. They said it was a real pain.
    I think some of the PITA depends how your trailer is piped. My MarineMaster, tandem, came with one bleeder on the last caliper in the run. I could NOT get it to fully bleed. I was having a problem with only two,one side of the trailer, calipers applying brakes. Even had a pricey dealership claim they bled the system. Still no application on all four calipers. I called MM and they sent me a kit to add a bleeder to each caliper. Voila, it worked. But I struggled for two effing seasons trying to get the brakes to work. I'm thinking this is a big part of the caliper issues Phoenix has had with their trailers.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12