Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We live in a great country , where guys can own $10,000.00 worth of rods .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    We live in a great country , where guys can own $10,000.00 worth of rods .
    I just started the Loomis NRX train since the Cara was discontinued and even though coming back will not be made here in the town I live in like all the others I have. Once you stick your head in the high end Loomis rabbit hole you don't want to dig out. But with that said I have close to but not quite $10k in Shimano reel and Cara rod combos although it's taken about 10 years to amass that collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I just started the Loomis NRX train since the Cara was discontinued and even though coming back will not be made here in the town I live in like all the others I have. Once you stick your head in the high end Loomis rabbit hole you don't want to dig out. But with that said I have close to but not quite $10k in Shimano reel and Cara rod combos although it's taken about 10 years to amass that collection.
    They are sweet rods but I just can't seem to go over $300 for a rod even though I do have some $600 bass reels . I break rods in stupid ways and would die if I shut the lid on a $600. rod .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    They are sweet rods but I just can't seem to go over $300 for a rod even though I do have some $600 bass reels . I break rods in stupid ways and would die if I shut the lid on a $600. rod .
    the Loomis Expeditor warranty might bring you back to life, but I know what you mean. I broke an AllStar back in like 91 that way, and it still hurts me a little...lol

I have 2 893's - I like them for 3/8-1/2 oz jigs and T-rigs. Also have an 872S, which IMO is a little too heavy for Ned stuff, but great for throwing 1/4 oz sliders and lightly weighted tubes.

6. Member
    I have 3 NRX's and a Conquest, as has been said, once you use them it’s hard to accept anything else. I learned just how much of a difference they make fishing for snook in Belize. The bite is very subtle, all they do is inhale the bait and they spit the lure (soft plastic) just as quick as they suck it in. It’s the softest take of a bait I've ever experienced, if you aren’t on your toes you’ll never even know you got touched. Once i took a couple of NRX’s down with me on a trip I never looked back and my hookup rate increased significantly. And the expeditor service does make it go down a little easier when you break a rod, for $100 they’ll get you a replacement right quick no questions asked. All you have to do is return the broken rod.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    interesting to see the different uses for the same rod

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS22 View Post
    I have 3 NRX's and a Conquest, as has been said, once you use them it’s hard to accept anything else. I learned just how much of a difference they make fishing for snook in Belize. The bite is very subtle, all they do is inhale the bait and they spit the lure (soft plastic) just as quick as they suck it in. It’s the softest take of a bait I've ever experienced, if you aren’t on your toes you’ll never even know you got touched. Once i took a couple of NRX’s down with me on a trip I never looked back and my hookup rate increased significantly. And the expeditor service does make it go down a little easier when you break a rod, for $100 they’ll get you a replacement right quick no questions asked. All you have to do is return the broken rod.
    That must be what's happening to me , last 3 trips in the evening I have not caught a bass , lol .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12