Two questions for Garmin users

Just took my boat in today to have my Garmin unit installed. I’m putting a 126sv at the console and a 106sv at the bow. First question: I will probably ever do it, but are the units interchangeable in there cradles? Could I take the 12 and put it up front without changing anything out?
    Second question: Am I correct in reading that with these units I would NOT need the black box for hooking up live scope down the road?
    Thanks in advance for any response

2. Banned
    Still need the black box.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Cradle - I do not have first hand experience but according to the Garmin website, they have different part numbers and also different prices. The physical dimensions of both are also different......So my "guess" is that they are different cradles.

LS - if you want the FULL version of Livescope, you need the black box and correct ducer. There is the LVS12 LS ducer that plugs directly to the back of unit BUT it only gives you half the view hence the reason why its more than half the price.

You can read up on it here: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/63...n/010-02143-00
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Roger that. Thanks. Any ideas if they are interchangeable? Might want to do this on the water if I want a bigger picture at the trolling motor for vertical fishing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by courier105 View Post
    Just took my boat in today to have my Garmin unit installed. I’m putting a 126sv at the console and a 106sv at the bow. First question: I will probably ever do it, but are the units interchangeable in there cradles? Could I take the 12 and put it up front without changing anything out?
    Second question: Am I correct in reading that with these units I would NOT need the black box for hooking up live scope down the road?
    Thanks in advance for any response
    Well I learn something new every day. I was going to say No to the question," Can you interchange locations of a 126sv with a 106sv?
    I assumed they had different size bail mounts. They are exactly the same size. Even the gimbal mounts are the same size.
    I just went out to the shop and proved it with my 126sv and 106sv. Powered them up and it works. Good to know.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Well I learn something new every day. I was going to say No to the question," Can you interchange locations of a 126sv with a 106sv?
    I assumed they had different size bail mounts. They are exactly the same size. Even the gimbal mounts are the same size.
    I just went out to the shop and proved it with my 126sv and 106sv. Powered them up and it works. Good to know.

You know what is crazy, the cost of cradles shown on Garmins website is not the same....i wonder why......thanks for confirming.

7. Member
    20200810_162429[1].jpg
    Back of units.
    106 on top
    126 on bottom

8. Member
    Don’t feel so stupid for bringing this up now. I really do appreciate the info

9. Member
    I am going to move my 126 up front when I get on them crappie this winter.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If they are the same cradle wonder why the cost difference......

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    If they are the same cradle wonder why the cost difference......
    The one for the 12” models is probably thicker aluminum would be my guess. Only reason I can think of for the $5 price difference.

12. Member
    Curious if you can secure the units to the boat? The cradles sounds like you HAVE to take the unit off and with you inside when traveling. Don’t have Garmin (yet) but I just lock my current units onto the gimbal Mount and leave them on the boat. Is it possible to do this securely with the garmin and cradle design?

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    To securely lock them to the cradle, no, i do not see a way to do that. THey can be flush mounted in a dash.

I take mine out of the cradle when not in use.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snookonfly View Post
    Curious if you can secure the units to the boat? The cradles sounds like you HAVE to take the unit off and with you inside when traveling. Don’t have Garmin (yet) but I just lock my current units onto the gimbal Mount and leave them on the boat. Is it possible to do this securely with the garmin and cradle design?

That’s the one thing that perplexed me about the improved mount design. No way to secure it like you can with other units. I suppose being able to take it off quickly for security is better in that regard since no lock, bolt etc is truly thief proof. But the way the cradle attaches at an angle can’t be good for the connector pins over time.

15. Member
    If the ultra mount is latched correctly I don't think its coming out. I have hit some waves that jarred my teeth and the bow 106 took it.
    I love being able to take mine off and put them in the truck because of road grime, gravel and bug juice.

16. Member
    Yea, Personally, I would rather have it be part of the boat rather than something I have to take with me. There's a business opportunity...Locking the Cradle to the unit.