Props you running

What prop are you running on your Caymas

cx20pro
    250 mercury proxs
    Running a 24 Fury, manual plate.
    24/25 tempest plus
    Last edited by billproxs; 08-10-2020 at 02:48 PM.

2. Member
    CX20 Pro
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Manual plate
    Yamaha 25p T2

3. BBC SPONSOR
    CX20 pro
    250 pro xs
    Worked 25 tempest +
    Just received a 24 fury yesterday.

4. Member
    Mine came with the 24 fury on the 250Pro xs.

5. Member
    I am now running a 23 Fury and man what an extreme difference in the boat. The 23 woke the boat up and it now performs like a boat should. I can go on and on, but I can honestly say I am totally satisfied with my performance now. 6050 RPMs, 100% gas and full load, full live well and partner, I am getting 73.6 on hot days. Less gas and no partner, I am getting 75.5, I think it will do better when the humidity drops, but I will also probably have to reinstall my 24 Fury. Manual Jackplate on Mercury 250

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    CX20 pro
    250 pro xs
    Worked 25 tempest +
    Just received a 24 fury yesterday.
    What numbers are you getting on your 25 temp?

7. Member
    Im running a 24 fury on cx20pro
    Just got a 24 tempest plus. My fury had the press in hub, SSR HD in it. I wondered why my motor shifted so smooth. I've always ran the racing solid hub kits,flo 2. Now waiting on hub kit to show up, then will give numbers on the 24 tempest plus.

8. Member
    Oh hell i wonder my fury has in it. Figured it had the old style where I could remove it and swap to tempest

9. Member
    You can remove the hub in the furys. Just pain in the arse the first go.

10. Member
    I installed one, and removed one. Install was a cake walk. Removal wasn't to bad with right impact socket and rubber mallet. Trick is 2-4-c grease. It does seem though, once installed, it should just be part of prop bow. Only reasons to remove would be rubber damage in hub kit. Not likely though.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    What numbers are you getting on your 25 temp?
    All depends on air temp. Full tank of gas, 2 guys, 72 to 74. Alone I've got 74 to 77. I have not ran the 25 temp alone in cool weather yet. I can see 78 as a possibility, but I will be close if not on the limiter.

12. Member
    Hey Bill - I have a CX 21 and we have discussed the proper prop for the Caymas. In previous post we discussed Furys vs Temps. The Caymas came with a 23 Fury and you asked about the bow lift which stated I was new to a 21 ft and 250 merc ( came out of a 20 Triton with a 200 merc). We talked about the position of the hydraulic plate position ( which unlike Tritons...like the plate low) and the prop pitch. After research and playing this is what I've found ( to Ranger Rodneys comments)....the 23 Fury seems to be the right prop along with a 100% PVS plug installed. This PVS plug eliminated the blow out was experiencing. The plate at 2 or 3 along with the PVS plug has resulted in a very satisfactory hole shot and top end speed of 72-73. I probably could have improved the top end by playing with the hydraulic jack plate..but to each his own. Hope this helps. Tom

13. Member

14. Member
    I firmly beleive that on these hot humid days a 23 fury will be the prop to go to, now when the water cools down 10 degrees you might have to add a little leading edge cup to that same prop or jump up to a 24 and run your 23 in the dog days of summer. If that 23 is cupped right you probably be ok for summer and winter, Mark Croxton is the best in the business right now for making that happen!!!! He had my last Ranger 520 dialed is so good that my prop worked great on a 520L and not so good on a 520C.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritontom View Post
    Hey Bill - I have a CX 21 and we have discussed the proper prop for the Caymas. In previous post we discussed Furys vs Temps. The Caymas came with a 23 Fury and you asked about the bow lift which stated I was new to a 21 ft and 250 merc ( came out of a 20 Triton with a 200 merc). We talked about the position of the hydraulic plate position ( which unlike Tritons...like the plate low) and the prop pitch. After research and playing this is what I've found ( to Ranger Rodneys comments)....the 23 Fury seems to be the right prop along with a 100% PVS plug installed. This PVS plug eliminated the blow out was experiencing. The plate at 2 or 3 along with the PVS plug has resulted in a very satisfactory hole shot and top end speed of 72-73. I probably could have improved the top end by playing with the hydraulic jack plate..but to each his own. Hope this helps. Tom
    For CX21 Add 2 degree wedges for more trim 25P Fury Shaved by Croxton with 1 Large PVS Plug. 75-76 Tournament load all day long. Rpms around 6k Jack-Plate 1-4 is money.
    Considering moving motor down 1 hole for more jackplate play.

16. Member
    My current setup is a 2021 CX20 Pro, Mercury 250 4 Stroke, 10" Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate, motor one hole up on the jp, 24P Fury, 2 10ft Talons, 4 AGM batteries, 36v Ultrex, full tournament load of tackle (300-400 pounds), 10 hours on the motor, the port livewell was full, starboard was empty, no passenger. The holeshot with the Fury was pretty bad (all PVS holes were wide open). I had a 24P Bravo 1 from my previous boat (21ft Ranger, Yamaha SHO) that I'm running. With the jackplate low (1-2 on the gauge and ruler on the plate) the boat is still a dog out of the hole and the chine walk at 68-70 was pretty bad. I ran the jackplate up (to 15 on the gauge or 4 1/2 on the ruler on the plate), it is pretty good out of the hole, runs 71-72mph at about 5900 rpm. Chine walk is manageable. I plan to run the 24P Fury with all of the holes plugged next at higher jackplate settings. I should also note that our weather in Ohio is cool, mid 50's, low humidity.

17. Member
    '21 CX20
    250 mercury proxs - manual plate.
    24p Fury w/ Full Plugs
    No poles, heavy batteries..

76.1 MPH GPS, 6150 RPM - 1 guy, full tank gas, full tackle. 74.2+ MPH w/ 2 guys loaded.

18. Member
    You guys might wanta post your speeds in the sticky thread. My reports were done approximately a year ago about. Nice seeing new reports with all kinds of set ups.