Oil Sensor Issue

Hey everyone

New here and hoping someone might have a fix or has had a similar issue and knew what it was.
    I’m working on a purchase right now of a 2002 Triton tr-185 and it has a Merc 150 XR6 on it. The current owner informed me that the motor is working well but there is a oil sensor plug issue. The boat shudders when planing but if he removes the sensor plug the problem goes away. He has had his local mercury marine shop look at it and they were not able to figure it out. Mercury responded to him saying there are a handful of those motors in NA with the issue and that the work around is to pull the oil sensor plug.
    Has anyone had this issue or has anyone been able to fix this issue?

thanks in advance guys

Janner

2. Member
    heard of it but not seem one ,try the next section down for your xr6 dont forget ser number lots more info there with others that have your engine also ,good luck sir and welcome
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moved thread to the 2.5L Forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank you gents. Wasn’t sure where to post. Thanks for the direction