New Mathews VXR 31.5

Just picked up my new VXR 31.5 over the weekend. My last new bow was a Mathews Legacy MANY years ago, so I was due for an upgrade. It's so different than anything I've ever shot, I kind of have to learn to shoot again. 31 inch DL, 70 lb and 85% let off. It is WAY more bow than I am a shooter...

2. Member
    What rest, sights, quiver did you end up going with?

I bought a Mathews Vertix last year but ended up selling it a couple of months back, I shot both sizes of the VXR recently, liked the 31.5 version better, nice shooting bow, I still have a couple of different brands to shoot before I decide on a new bow this year.

QAD MTX rest, Black Gold Mountain Ascent Lite sight (3 pin), tight spot quiver (5 slot) and a 8" flatline stabilizer. Also put the Mathews Silent Connect System on it and bought the rope and sling.

4. Member
    Looks like a great setup.

I've got a ton of practice to do, but it's for sure a far better rig than I am a shooter!

6. Member
    I still shoot a Mathews legacy. I cannot stand the short axle to axle bows as the peep has to be mounted so far up the string.

7. Member
    Thought it to be a bit heavy but it is allot of bow. Mathews quietist so far. I have quite a few Mathews but my overall favorite hunting/ tree stand is the Z-7. Best overall for my needs. Went to a halon and gave youngest son the Z and he also loves it.

still shooting the z7 extreme. Don't think it'll be replaced for a long time.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Same here. Shoots great no need to keep up with the jones’s...
    2015 189 trx

I'm glad to see them finally giving us tall people an option. Too many bows max out at 30 in draw lengths, some even shorter. I bought a new bow a couple years ago and really only had a few options to choose from. I bought a used Elite Energy 35. I could get it to a 31 in draw length which is still a little short for me, but it's almost impossible to find a 32 inch draw length. I can make 31 inches work just fine. It does require the long axle to axle length though which can get in the way in a blind or in the tree stand sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I went from a Z7 extreme to a Triax. I kept the xtreme as a backup. The Triax is only slightly quieter. Hardly enough difference to even notice.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-