Thread: Any thoughts

Any thoughts

I have a 2018 Ranger trail and a 2019 F250, I hooked the trailer to the truck Friday night to be ready to head out Saturday and noticed that the rear marker lights on the trailer were flashing, not real bright but just kind pulsating. I have never noticed this before and thought maybe it wasn't grounded real well? I left it hooked up and went and fished Saturday. No issues at the ramp but when I came home and went to back into the garage the trailer brakes were engaged. I got out and wiggled the plug and the brakes released for a minute and then locked back up, giggled the plug and was able to get it in the garage. I went to the back and checked and the lights were still flashing as before. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    Your thoughts on a bad ground are probably correct. I would start with making sure you have a good ground on the trailer as a first step. From what you describe it almost sounds as if the ground wire might be busted inside the harness on the trailer.

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Bad ground, pigtail or pigtail connection.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

4. Member
    Thanks guys, I’ll try to trace it down
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing