Banned

Lanier in mid to late October

I have always wanted to fish Lanier and every time I plan to come something happens. I am coming the 3rd week of October. I’ve always heard about how good the top water/schooling bite is during mid fall for the spots and stripers. Just curious if anyone can shed some light as to the types of places they get on that time of year. I hear some people talk about being below the browns bridge and some talk about being above it. This strictly fun fishing and we love the striped fish. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Pms are welcome as I know there is a bfl during that time.

2. Banned
    Can anyone give me any good ideas for places to stay that are reasonable, safe and boat friendly? Most of the Airbnb’s look really pricey in that area. H

3. Member
    There are not a lot of places to stay around Lanier, and the ones that are here are not that boat friendly. Maybe someone on here know a boat friendly place. There are some motels, just not that boat friendly.

4. Member
    Lanier is EXPENSIVE! Too close to all the $$ in Atlanta. I don't know of any place to stay that is boat friendly. I'll ask my cousin, he might know somebody.

5. Member
    I’ll be there the week of the 12th. I’ll let you know if I figure any patterns out

6. Member
    I would find a place between US Hwy 19/400 and Dawsonville. You are 15 minutes or so away from a couple of good ramps (War Hill and Little Hall). You are basically on the Chestatee River in that area of Lanier. It has lots of large creeks, marinas and points.
    Last edited by printman71; 09-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Is Lanier even fishable on weekends during the warmer months?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Is Lanier even fishable on weekends during the warmer months?
    Lanier has more recreational traffic than you can imagine, so after 11:00 in the morning, no, it's not.

9. Member
    I get on a daylight and off at 10am. Very few days to I go on weekend until December

10. Banned
    Thanks for the info guys. I think we are going to stay at shady grove campground or one of the other campgrounds to cut costs. It’s just always been easier to find places to stay anywhere else that we go.