Champion 202 power poles install ideas

Anybody ever install power poles on a 1997 champion 202. Any pics of the install would be great. My space is very limited with the compartments behind the seats being to small for the pumps. Thx guys

Not a 202, but on my 181 I just mounted the pump to the wall above the batteries that sits between batteries and aerator pumps. I have been running it this way for 3-4 years now. It is thin and I supported it on the over side with a small piece of plywood. I don't have a pic, but can try to get one tonight and give you a feel for at least how I did it...........

3. Member
    Can't help you with pump locations, my 203 is a little different back there. I will warn you however, that the angled corners on the Champion transom are THE WORST case scenario for Powerpole or Talon brackets. Coupled with the bow up attitude of the hull, the water funnels around those corners and directly into the brackets acting like a parachute behind you. The effect on your holeshot will be much more dramatic than the effect of adding poles or talons to a different style boat. I have lived with it for 3 years as the pros outweigh the cons for my fishing style, but it really has changed (ruined) how my boat runs.

4. Member
    I would try to mount the poles similar to the way the bullet guys mount them, hugs them tight to motor. If you remove the charger, it will make room for the pump.

5. Member
    Thank you guys

6. Member
    Put some Talons on it and you wont have to worry about where to put the pumps (that's what I did). Be prepared to have to re-prop with either PP or Talons and lose about 3 mph at WOT. However...once you fish with them (assuming you fish rivers where you have current), you will never fish without them. If you are a lake fisherman don waste your time and money on poles and get an Ultrex.

I put some on my 96 champ 202. Have more pics if you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scooty06; 08-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    🎣1996 Champion 202/ Mtn Home🎣

Quote Originally Posted by Scooty06 View Post
    I put some on my 96 champ 202. Have more pics if you like.
    Exact same as mine.

9. Member
    Thank you for the pic. I wasn’t sure if they would fit there. Didn’t know if I would need to go with lithium’s. I’m trying to avoid the talons because of the extra weight