Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question HDS Live AI 3-1 Transducer and washed out images

Good morning!
    I’ve installed the new transducer a month ago and my images have no detail, my helix 9 g2n humminbird sitting next to it are crystal clear...seems to be very little adjustment to try any adjustments on the HDS...
    I turned on the retail demo mode and my images look nothing like those in any mode, sonar, down scan or side scan...
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance!
    doug
    Captn Doug
    Aboard The Walleye Xpress
    Xpress Fishing Charters, LLc
    Angler Qwest 826 ProTroll w 250 Suzuki
    2014 Ranger 621 Yamaha 300 and 9.9

2. Member
    Screenshots, please - I's best way to find solution.

3. Member
    Also some pics of your transducer placement can help a lot as well.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlazer View Post
    Good morning!
    I’ve installed the new transducer a month ago and my images have no detail, my helix 9 g2n humminbird sitting next to it are crystal clear...seems to be very little adjustment to try any adjustments on the HDS...
    I turned on the retail demo mode and my images look nothing like those in any mode, sonar, down scan or side scan...
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance!
    doug
    Different lakes - different days... a lot has to do with water conditions, etc. (recorded demo to what you might see live on your boat). I have trips where the quality of my SI/DI are MUCH better than the demo log....and days they are not as good.

However the Helix screen has a different black level than the HDS Live graphics system and while making the appearance a bit sharper, overall the actual detail is very close to the same. There are no "adjustments" to a Live that will improve the sharpness other than different palettes/contrast tweaks.

Transducer placement can make a difference but usually only when metal objects shade one side of the xducer (many aluminum boats have this issue with the motor trimmed down). In my experience, defective transducers have pretty evident flaws but I would not rule it out as being a possibility.

I have all 3 major brands on my boat and outside the usual visual differences, the information is very close to the same. I can see the same structure/cover/fish/bait on all three. One brand is sharper in low light conditions and one brand is easier to read in bright sun. These are not settings...these are just differences in the screen technology and design choices.
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

5. Member
    Captn Doug
    Aboard The Walleye Xpress
    Xpress Fishing Charters, LLc
    Angler Qwest 826 ProTroll w 250 Suzuki
    2014 Ranger 621 Yamaha 300 and 9.9

Looks like you found some fish.

Images are not the best but also not bad. The lines would indicate to me a mounting issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Good morning!
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance!
    doug
    Get used to it. A HDS will never produce anything even remotely close to a Humminbird. I have learned the hard way. Carbon 16 with SS3D. That thing is like an EchoMap with a GT52. You will hear all kind of excuses, wiring, transducer placement and so on. It is inferior technology, that’s all there is to it.

8. Member
    Tracker, MegaImaging+ it's last version SI from HB. SS3D is 5 yrs old imaging system. During this 5 yrs HB released two generation Helix and Solix sonars. If Navico shows next gen of SS3D- then we'll been able to get fresh conclusions.

9. Member
    Maciej, do you think Humminbird will be sitting on their butt, waiting on the next generation SS3D to arrive? They are so far behind, I wonder how they are still in business? Livesight? What a freaking joke.

10. Member
    They still in business because they still give allround good sonars on different $$ tiers. Sonars - even old- working with various transducers, have good mapping options, best user-friendly on water @ settings... Yes,looks like Navico was slept last 2 yrs vs. oponents ,but it's time to show something new- they released next generations of sonar every 2 yrs, so I'm patient, let they do his work. Soon or later they put cards on table.

11. Member
    This is not a fair comparison. The Lowrance transducer has mounting issues and is getting sonar feedback. And this is not Structure 3D it's AI 3 in 1. I get super clear and highly detailed images with my 3D to a Carbon 12.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    This is not a fair comparison. The Lowrance transducer has mounting issues and is getting sonar feedback. And this is not Structure 3D it's AI 3 in 1. I get super clear and highly detailed images with my 3D to a Carbon 12.

NoCAL
    NoCal, prove me wrong. Let's. see those super clear images please.

13. Member
    As I am recovering from a car accident, it may take some time but I will get them. May I ask what your point of coming to this forum is? If you feel Navico has inferior technology, why come on the Lowrance Sonar forum? I realize some people get off on telling others that they are idiots for buying this car or that stereo or apparently HDS units but if you are such a fan of HB, wouldn’t you be better off on their forum? You could continue to bad mouth Navico there without offending those of us who have purchased from the LARGEST supplier of marine electronics. This will be my last post until I get some screen shots.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    As I am recovering from a car accident, it may take some time but I will get them. May I ask what your point of coming to this forum is? If you feel Navico has inferior technology, why come on the Lowrance Sonar forum? I realize some people get off on telling others that they are idiots for buying this car or that stereo or apparently HDS units but if you are such a fan of HB, wouldn’t you be better off on their forum? You could continue to bad mouth Navico there without offending those of us who have purchased from the LARGEST supplier of marine electronics. This will be my last post until I get some screen shots.
    NoCal, the only reason I am here is to learn. I always had some bad feelings about this company, and didn’t listen to my better judgement. I think with the unit I have I gave them enough trust. What a disappointment. Just sent the unit back to NAVICO, for the third time in seven months. Haven’t used the unit for more than 3 hours. I am no expert with sonars, but the screenshots I have seen on this board, just makes me laugh. Seriously, this is all they can do? I have only see one set of pictures, which I consider acceptable, and if that guy can do it, I will too. I have already bought a Solix and an Ethernet hub, so the days of this Carbon nightmare is counted. Since Gen2 this company is sliding downhill so fast, that it makes your head spin. Once the leader became an insignificant player in the field. The guy who bought my Solix, was a diehard Lowrance fan. He was. I know one thing for sure, I will never buy their product after this experience, and in my circle, I will talk everybody out of it who considering buying marine electronics. Hope you get well soon though!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker50 View Post
    NoCal, prove me wrong. Let's. see those super clear images please.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1048173

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    those are pretty good screenshots Colibri. However, these are not bad either. This is what I am expecting from a sonar. Who makes it, I could care less
    rsz_93397367_538445086860620_7874275573130854400_n.jpgrsz_67874164_2324124837853630_5511674442251501568_n.jpgrsz_97809837_708648599894699_2699069667711909888_n.jpgrsz_solix1.jpgrsz_solix3.jpg

17. Member
    Colibri, these are the pictures I was referencing to
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....+1+versus+SS3D
    these are exceptional

18. Member
    OK, there's something seriously wrong with my Lowrance set up.

19. Member
    Let's see a photo showing how your transducer is mounted and its relation to the other transducers on your hull. You are definitely getting distortion from interference as indicated by the lines on your screen, which should not be there if mounted properly. My images are as crisp and clean as any I have seen by anyone with any brand, and I am using the SS3D transducer since it was first released.

Anybody who admits he only has a few hours on a unit that he is bashing, and says it is his mission to talk everyone out of buying one has already discredited his motives and credibility.
    ciao,
    Marc

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Let's see a photo showing how your transducer is mounted and its relation to the other transducers on your hull. You are definitely getting distortion from interference as indicated by the lines on your screen, which should not be there if mounted properly. My images are as crisp and clean as any I have seen by anyone with any brand, and I am using the SS3D transducer since it was first released.

Anybody who admits he only has a few hours on a unit that he is bashing, and says it is his mission to talk everyone out of buying one has already discredited his motives and credibility.
    Marc, why would I tell you otherwise? 3rd time back to NAVICO Germany. First unit had touchscreen issues. They replaced it. Sent me a new one, what they said, but I believe it was digged out of a dumpster. The thing would not work with the SS3D. They fixed it, sent it back. A week later, the touchscreen on the top left corner went out. She would probably find her way to Eckernförde on it's own. So, since you have crystal clear detailed images, prove me wrong please. I am anxious to see them. Watch the video I am linking with sound. Interesting. Explains everything about quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast