New Owner of a 1996 NITRO 195 DC - I need help

Last night while I was on the water I hit some rough water and the motor shut down. Luckily I was only several hundred yards from the ramp. I could not get it to fire back up and trolled back in.

This morning I went out to see if I had fuel pressure. Well, when I turned the key to the on position the first time the Audible alarm sounded and the pump kicked in. My son switched it off and back on. NO - alarm and no fuel pump. Hmmm He turns it off and on the alarm sounds, fires the motor right up. We did this a few times and NO alarm = no pump and no fire. I have a feeling there is a loose connection between the ignition switch, alarm and safety off.

I took it out and drove it for 20 mins and the motor clicked off and then the audible alarm chimed. I don't know if this is in the ignition switch or in the safety circuit. If you have any idea, post them up.

Also, if the boat is taking on water, where would be the first place to check? I have it docked and overnight I bilged out for 10-15 secs.

2. Member
    was it a solid alarm or was it beeping?

I would probably check the livewell/fittings first.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades