Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The season was never going to happen.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Another thing that I noticed about all the sports stuff and even with highschool is there more worried about that than how the regular school seasons even going to work.
    This is the case in our district they are determined to open school to play sports but not as determined to open school for learning. Sports drives money, it seems to always be about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    At least the Razorbacks will be undefeated.....
    I just seen on twitter that the SEC isn't budging. They intend on playing

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Could be the end of college sports, lose your money producers and all the minor sports are going to stuffer..
    LOL back away from the edge there brother.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

5. Member
    There will be loans, big boy loans.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

"People are at just as much, if not more risk, if we don't play," the junior signal-caller wrote earlier Sunday. "Players will all be sent home to their own communities where social distancing is highly unlikely and medical care and expenses will be placed on the families if they were to contract COVID-19. Not to mention the players coming from situations that are not good for them/ their future and having to go back to that. Football is a safe haven for so many people.

"We are more likely to get the virus in everyday life than playing football. Having a season also incentivizes players being safe and taking all of the right precautions to try to avoid contracting covid because the season/ teammates safety is on the line. Without the season, as we've seen already, people will not social distance or wear masks and take the proper precautions."

This was tweeted by Trevor Lawrence this weekend. He's not wrong!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    "People are at just as much, if not more risk, if we don't play," the junior signal-caller wrote earlier Sunday. "Players will all be sent home to their own communities where social distancing is highly unlikely and medical care and expenses will be placed on the families if they were to contract COVID-19. Not to mention the players coming from situations that are not good for them/ their future and having to go back to that. Football is a safe haven for so many people.

"We are more likely to get the virus in everyday life than playing football. Having a season also incentivizes players being safe and taking all of the right precautions to try to avoid contracting covid because the season/ teammates safety is on the line. Without the season, as we've seen already, people will not social distance or wear masks and take the proper precautions."

This was tweeted by Trevor Lawrence this weekend. He's not wrong!

So if he doesn't play football he gets sent home? I'm pretty sure he can stay in his free dorm room and still attend class. You know, the primary reason he is going to college!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12 View Post
    At least the Razorbacks will be undefeated.....
    As well as the cornhuskers.

The SEC can't afford to pay their players without a season that generates income. They don't have that kind of bank roll.

10. Member
    So dumb haha
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

11. Member
    Your lakes down south will never be the same when all those folks go fishing instead of to Saturday football games.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    In the big picture of life, I can live without any sports on TV. I have never made sports my main agenda to live by. If it is on and I am not doing other things I will watch it for awhile. I have never plan my schedule around any type sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    So if he doesn't play football he gets sent home? I'm pretty sure he can stay in his free dorm room and still attend class. You know, the primary reason he is going to college!
    Maybe. But one of the points he makes is that football gives incentives for players to stay socially distant from other activities and try to protect themselves from COVID. Without football that won't happen. I live near two D1 college campuses and even with school being out, there's still plenty of social gatherings going on.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Big Ten done.

15. Banned
    Heard on the radio this morning that Trevor Lawrence pretty much just unionized the players with his statements last night by saying they wanted to play but setting forth the conditions they wanted to play under.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    As well as the cornhuskers.
    I read Huskers and Iowa were only 2 who voted to play.
    Charger 210 Elite

17. Member
    How are these teams going to make payroll without being able to play?

18. Member
    I hate that for the athletes that work so hard to compete at that level and hope they return soon for that reason. As far as my interest level is concerned though, I think I'll be fine, even without being able to follow CFB. Fall Saturdays are a great day to be on the water in my area and knowing I'm not missing any games will make fall fishing that much more enjoyable. Nothing like coming home after fishing to some chili and CFB, though. Will be a change for sure.
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    So will the players will have to go to class.???
    Might as well, nothing esle to do..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12