Lake Washington, Washington 8/8/20

Rain, Fog, Windy, Chilly. Great conditions for a Saturday in August on Lake Washington. While I caught my share partner Sean went wild. Sean's Best Five - 2.1, 2.6, 3.2, 4.5 and one in the six-pound class. He caught his PB smallmouth and then blew that away an hour later. Drop shot and Ned Rig worked for me, Sean had a jig that would not fail. While not Lake Erie size fish, not bad for a couple of East Coast transplants out here just over 3 years.

bubba2.jpg bubba3.jpg BUBBA.JPG

2. Member
    Nice job...nice to see other WA anglers on here. Nice
    Lake Washington fish! Need to also try Lake Whatcom an hour north or so.

Washington north of the 520 bridge is a 45-minute tow for me. Whatcom is 110 miles and about two hours unless I-5 is crowded (which is often). Not sure I want to get that close to Canada anyway but Whatcom is well thought of in these parts. Sammamish is my boat-traffic-on-Washington-is-just-too-nuts alternative. Not commercial shipping boats (see pugent sound) but 100' yachts common on Washington as are sea-planes. Thanks for looking

4. Member
    Whatcom was great to me in the spring, caught my PB smallie there 4.9. But this time of year the boat traffic is almost worst than lake Washington as you have tons of boats crowded into the small lake. Nice work on Lake Washington, the few chances I've had to fish it this summer / early fall the bite has been kind of tough for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package