Nothing past idle

Mercury 200hp xri efi, runs great at idle or any throttle position out of gear. Under load, 2100 at max. Found the one way check valve at the bottom of the VST (I think) to be completely deteriorated, rubber flapper all but gone. Cannot find one anywhere. Any help?

20200809_175830.jpg

2. Member
    needs to be there but dont think thats problem ,you know theres a filter in that U hose, check top filter on pump for debri, monitor fuel psi
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Joe, thanks for that. Am replacing all fuel lines and F/P this week. Will advise.

4. Member
    yup
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Replaced all lines, F/P, filters, etc. Same problem. BTW, there is no filter in that U-hose. Really leaning towards electrical, as last year I could motor out to a cove, fish 15-20 minutes and try again. Problem stayed with me for 2-3 times then disappeared for the rest of the day. Now it is constant.

6. Member
    suppose to be in there, time for testing

7. Member
    Joe, my apologies for my delay in getting back to you. I bought this boat from the original owner who only used it a few times. If that filter is missing from the hose, that wouldn't cause my problem, would it? And as for testing, where do I start? I am completely comfortable doing anything I need to myself as I own an auto repair business. I personally am leaning towards the stator but would like to know if this is a good start. Thanks so much for all your help! Personal email, cardoctor@cox.net. or phone, 602-509-4000.
    Thanks again, -Mike

8. Member
    Do you have the Mercury service manual for your motor? If not, you really need one for testing stators, regulators, etc. buy one at your local mercury dealer with your serial number.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

9. Member
    I have one by Clymer

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cardoctor View Post
    Joe, my apologies for my delay in getting back to you. I bought this boat from the original owner who only used it a few times. If that filter is missing from the hose, that wouldn't cause my problem, would it? And as for testing, where do I start? I am completely comfortable doing anything I need to myself as I own an auto repair business. I personally am leaning towards the stator but would like to know if this is a good start. Thanks so much for all your help! Personal email, cardoctor@cox.net. or phone, 602-509-4000.
    Thanks again, -Mike
    likely not need to determine whether its fuel delivery or spark, see if its lost 2 cyl one on each side like 1-2/3-4