Thread: Rewire location

Rewire location

I made my choice to by electronics instead of a new motor for the old Stratos. The electronics are 10 year old hummingbirds and the motor runs fine, just wanted a 4 stroke. Either way, finally made my decision to buy 3 new Garmin chartplotters and livescope. As you can see, the bilge area is pretty full of stuff and now that I have to keep the oil tank, room is at a premium. So I’m think of installing 2 Blue Sea switches, NMEA connections, and the livescope black box to the back side of the right front locker in front of the drivers console. Kind of the home run area if you will. Already have new 8 and 10 gauge wire and fuses so power won’t be a problem and I’ll make sure there space and nothing can press up against the new equipment. Any thoughts on this installation. I’m not sure if heat will be an issue in there but it can’t be much worse than other areas. Sorry the pictures are sideways.

Thank you, BillAttachment 420165Attachment 420166
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

2. Member
    We used to put Lowrance lss boxes in the stbd rod locker and it worked fine. I think you’ll be good in that location.

3. Member
    The livescope box doesn't have enough wire to go to the back. You're correct on the install.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thank you guys, I’m moving ahead with it. It should be a clean install , I’m going to mount the LS black box sideways so the wires run directly to the gunnel.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

You have all kinds of room in that bilge Stuff another battery back there and see what it looks like with 4.

Be sure not to mount anything to the "Outside" of the starboard locker and screw it down !!! Mount only to the inside or even the underside of the lid.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents