Thread: Ultrex options

Ultrex options

Okay I'm stupid to the different options I pilot etc. what's the different options ? May be getting one probably going to be running a small garmin. Have a small bird now.

iPilot is GPS/Heading standalone.
    iPilot LINK is GPS/Heading that can be linked to Humminbird units ONLY via Ethernet. That adds Follow-the-Contour with Lakemaster HD mapping from the Humminbird.

There are three built-in transducers types.
    US2 is Universal Sonar at 83/200 kHz and is adaptable to several sonar brands for 2D sonar ONLY.
    MDI is MEGA Down Imaging with HW CHIRP 2D sonar and only works with Humminbird units.
    MSI is MEGA Side Imaging with MEGA Down Imaging and HW CHIRP 2D sonar, and only works with Humminbird units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    iPilot is GPS/Heading standalone.
    iPilot LINK is GPS/Heading that can be linked to Humminbird units ONLY via Ethernet. That adds Follow-the-Contour with Lakemaster HD mapping from the Humminbird.

There are three built-in transducers types.
    US2 is Universal Sonar at 83/200 kHz and is adaptable to several sonar brands for 2D sonar ONLY.
    MDI is MEGA Down Imaging with HW CHIRP 2D sonar and only works with Humminbird units.
    MSI is MEGA Side Imaging with MEGA Down Imaging and HW CHIRP 2D sonar, and only works with Humminbird units.
    Thanks would the us2 work with a 9 inch uhv garmin? Also say I got the base model could I use my regular transducer with a shield that I have now? I have a side imagined bird transducer on a small unit. May change to garmin though

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Thanks would the us2 work with a 9 inch uhv garmin? Also say I got the base model could I use my regular transducer with a shield that I have now? I have a side imagined bird transducer on a small unit. May change to garmin though

I bought the one with the US2 built in for this reason. The US2 was the smallest built in transducer and looked like the only one that would leave enough room for an external transducer. I'm running a humminbird Helix now but was worried that I may change to Garmin in the future and wanted to be able to install the transducer at that time. I wish they sold a model without built in sonar and I would've bought that one and not had that extra unused cable to deal with...