Thread: hardy lake

hardy lake

Can any body tell me about hardy. Never been there going last of month. What type of baits to throw. Is it a deep lake . What type of cover weeds or wood.

Plenty of wood, not many fish. Jigs, senkos when it gets hot, topwater early. If you pop 8 lbs, consider it a great day.

3. Member
    Plenty of Wood , Yup! … 10 - 12 inch Tree tops (some just below the water surface) in 14ft or less, of water means be careful not to run your boat on top of one or bend you trolling motor shaft trying to navigate through them. The whole south end of the lake and east fingers are loaded with them. If you go, let us know how you do.
    Last edited by BackLash625; 08-10-2020 at 06:48 AM.

4. Member
    I live 3 minutes from main launching ramp, and you have to twist my arm hard to make me fish it. Nice campground and park, crappy fishing
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by davethebuilder View Post
    I live 3 minutes from main launching ramp, and you have to twist my arm hard to make me fish it. Nice campground and park, crappy fishing
    Comments like this will keep me in Lawrence County. You are bad for Scott co. tourism, but thanks for the advice.

6. Member
    Even the crappie fishing in Hardy has went to hell in a hat basket. Lots of friends quit crappie fishing it for the small size and tons of yellow bass.

7. Member
    I hope it comes ive been told it used to be one of the best bass lakes around
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I heard they stocked it with stripers some time ago. May be what's throwing the balance off and keeping everything small..?? Just a guess.

9. Member
    It’s always a Overpopulation shad problem,,,same for Monroe,,patoka,,restocking West Boggs 3 times. You first loose the pan fish, then bass.

10. Member
    It's always been that way for the 28+ years I've fished Hardy. And stripers/hybrids haven't been there for nearly that long.

11. Member
    you would think DNR would learn after building and stocking all these lakes,,you eventually have to control the shad population. They wait to do anything till it’s too late and the damage has been done. I been fishing all these resivours since the day they were built and it’s the same old story.

Killing all the grass just did wonderful things for the lake, screw the IDNR!!! Used to really enjoy fishing Hardy, would go quite often simply because you could catch a lot of numbers on Texas rigs in and around the grass. Some genius decided to eradicate the grass a decade back and it's basically a dead Sea now. Wasted a lot of time on that lake but haven't this year.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Killing all the grass just did wonderful things for the lake, screw the IDNR!!! Used to really enjoy fishing Hardy, would go quite often simply because you could catch a lot of numbers on Texas rigs in and around the grass. Some genius decided to eradicate the grass a decade back and it's basically a dead Sea now. Wasted a lot of time on that lake but haven't this year.
    ..and does anyone know the reason behind that?.. They seem to work real hard to create a balanced fishery and then undo it all by killing off all the vegetation. It doesn't make any sense.

^^^knuckleheads. No other explanation.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    ..and does anyone know the reason behind that?.. They seem to work real hard to create a balanced fishery and then undo it all by killing off all the vegetation. It doesn't make any sense.
    They'd rather it be a swimming hole than a decent fishery.